Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abasdeo850 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 09:35 AM
    401 K - Distribution
    I have recently left my company. I am trying to roll over my 401K to an IRA account. However, my former company is telling me that they have not made the 2007 and 2008 distributions as yet. I want to roll over what I presently have in my account right now and then when my former company pays out the distribution I can roll that over later. . Advise.
    juniormiss Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Generally you should be able to roll over what you have right away then when the company makes the 2007, 2008 contribution you can roll the rest over to the IRA. I've worked in retirement plans for 7 years. Sometimes this second distribution to your IRA will happen automatically, sometimes you may have to request to expedite the second rollover. Once you terminate the company, it is probably low priority for the company to quickly act on the 2nd residual distribution. You will get a 1099-R for each distribution.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distribution lists [ 1 Answers ]

I use OE and create Distribution Lists often (Groups). I Cannot figure out how to set Distribution Lists so the names of all the people in the list do not show in the email that is sent out. I have received other people's distribution lists that are set up with their own name in the TO: box,...

LLC Distribution? [ 1 Answers ]

What does one call the pass-through of cash to a "Member" (Owner) in an LLC corporation? (Not the salary paid.) In a "C" corp it is a dividend. In an "S" corp it is a distribution. What in an LLC?

Distribution for an LLC [ 1 Answers ]

Can you please tell me the proper way to account for a distribution to owners of an LLC? The distribution is based on a % of revenue and also a flat rate. Is the JE to dr the partnersip account and cr cash? Thanks, Henry L. Caston Jr.

401k distribution [ 1 Answers ]

My husband died in 2006, he had a 401k with me (spouse) as his benificiary. We have 2 young sons and I cashed out the 401k to use for the down payment of a primary residence. All of the paperwork has not been done, but I will get all of the papers in order during 2007. Is there a certain amount...

LLC distribution [ 0 Answers ]

There is a Limited Liability Company in which its partners receive a monthly salary if the funds are available. If the company received a large sum of money and the partners decided to take a distribution from the company according to their ownership percentage, what account should be debited? ...

View more questions Search