Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandraf46 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Cleaning beaches of plastic
    I've just been to the NE shore of Oahu for a beach cleanup with our fishing association. I was amazed by the amount of plastics and other trash that is found on the shoreline. Since we are in the middle of the Pacific, the trash in the ocean will eventually reach our shores.
    What was more disturbing was the small pieces of plastic that were mixed in the sand. Besides picking up each piece what other way is there to rid the beaches of all the plastic? Some of the members were raking the sand, but this doesn't get the small pieces and we can only cover a small area. Clearing the beaches of plastic may be impossible, but does anyone have any thoughts about this.
    Ganesanveloo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2009, 10:44 PM

Hi I would like to share the same thought as well since I do have a factory recycle plastic in major scale. Brief me more and if you have pictures it may help to solve the issue.
    Send it to my mail id [email protected]
    sandraf46 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jul 4, 2009, 12:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganesanveloo View Post
    Hi I would like to share the same thought as well since I do have a factory recycle plastic in major scale. brief me more and if you have pictures it may help to solve the issue.
    send it to my mail id [email protected]

Thank you for your response. I've emailed you a link which will show several beaches here that have a large amount of plastics and trash washed up on shore. It's a disturbing problem that has no immediate solution except doing beach cleanups of the larger pieces of plastic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mixing abs plastic pipe with schedule 40 plastic pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I need to add a drain and there is existing schedule 40 plastic pipe, can I cement abs plastic pipe to the schedule 40 using multi purpose cement?

Cleaning a self cleaning oven [ 3 Answers ]

I have a self cleaning oven that is over 9 years old and I have never cleaned it. I'm afraid that if I try to clean it now that it will either smoke so much that my smoke alarm will go off or the oven might even start on fire. Am I better off just buying a new stove or should I try to clean it...

Nude beaches- North Carolina or South Carolina? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I'm looking for a nude beach near myrtle beach but I'm not having any luck. Does anyone know where one is? Thank you blusia

Some beaches need a dress code. [ 2 Answers ]

Florida Beaches mineral make-up? [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find out what minerals are prodominate in the sand on the coast of Florida's beaches?

View more questions Search