Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CJM2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2009, 01:08 AM
    Grants for home repairs
    I have a double-wide mobile home and in need of repairs. My fixed income does not enable me to contract services. I don't know what's wrong with the pump, but have just run out of water. Where can I get the help I need to fix the well? Thanks .
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 02:11 PM
    Hi, CJM2!

Around where I live, we have a community action type of agency called Project Now. They help with things like that when a person has a low income.

Perhaps there might be a community action agency around where you live that could also help?

Other possible sources of help might be people at churches who choose to volunteer.

Hopefully, others will also come along with some ideas for you.

Thanks!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 28, 2009, 05:45 PM

You may want to talk with the mayor office, check with local real estate agent and see if there are local agencies that can help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

First Time Buyers Home Repairs. [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: We have recently purchased a house in Florida and would like some of your opinions! 1. We have decided to replace 3 bedrooms with laminate flooring. We have purchased roughly 800 sqft of laminate floor at Home Depot for $.99 a sqfoot. The installation would include removal of...

Learning about home repairs [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone: We recently bought a country home, and now we are having problems with a leaking roof, the bathroom ceiling recently fell in, so I now have a 6 by 4 hole in my bathroom. We are looking to repair or replace the roof. If we decide to replace the shingled roof what type of roof...

Home repairs for seniors [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are both retired and on fixed income we own a home that needs repairs Like the deck and railings our home insurance is treating to cancel if repairs are not done. Is there such a thing as a grant for home repairs?

Home repairs [ 2 Answers ]

How long is a typical stair tread depth? >Moved from Forum Help<

Home repairs [ 5 Answers ]

The hot water pressure in my bathroom wash basin has lost a lot of pressure. All the rest of the taps throughout the house are o.k. what could be the cause?

View more questions Search