Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bismuth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 08:41 AM
    Finding correct salesman
    I operate a small refractory construction business. We install refractory in lime plant, cement plants, steel mills and foundries.

We also make ceramic heat treated shapes here in our shop.

I am trying to find an independent salesman who has established contacts at these types of facilities. This individual would need to be selling other products or services to these companies.

Since we are a small company, I cannot afford to hired a salesman. Therefore, I would need to have one that was willing to work on straight commission.

Do you have any suggestions about how I could find such an individual?
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 07:40 PM
    One solution may be to look in any trade magazines for your industry. Most will have a section in the back for "ads." You may want to place an ad and even peruse these ads for an agent.

Stringer
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2008, 07:59 PM
    Or to find one that is already calling on them with another product.

But to be honest with the much higher gas prices, the commission will have to be pretty good to keep someone, and you would normally have to let them have existing accounts to allow them a good base commission.

Will the commission sales person be able to make 100,000 or more a year? If this is not a realistic figure, you most likely will ot find one that will stay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Matching up the correct capacitor with the correct condenser fan motor? [ 4 Answers ]

How crucial is it to match the right capacitor to the right condenser fan motor? If you have the wrong capacitor, can this cause the motor to stop after running for a while, say 20 or 40 minutes? It would start up again, but would allways stop. The specs for the motor are: Emerson E-line, model no...

Salary car salesman [ 7 Answers ]

I am thinking of being a salesman and would like to know the salary and what/if you get commission for each car you sell?

Finding the Correct Song Name for this Country Song [ 1 Answers ]

I heard a country song today I would like to download for my wife. The artist is a male. The song is about if the artist had to do his whole life over again he would fall in love with the same partner again. Please help!

Should we get back together or is he just a good salesman? [ 1 Answers ]

Met a great guy while separated. He was recently divorced. Fell madly in love. We both agreed that it was the kind of thing people dream about. It was very quick, very intense. For 10 months we were head over heels. He then became afraid. Told me he needed time and space. He said he was afraid to...

Salary for car salesman [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I've been thinking of going into sales for my major. I was wondering what a car salesman would make a year including commission.

View more questions Search