Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AAtkin92 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2012, 05:21 PM
    The back of my hair does not grow... HELP I'm only 20
    I need MAJOR advice on my hair situation, for the last 3 years all I have wanted is long hair... I have purchased extensions, but my hair is so thin, its never discrete enough. I also have curly hair, so when my natural hair will wave in the weather, extensions never do, and I end up looking silly.

The problem:
    My hair at the front, on the right side grows the most quick, the left little bit slower and the back... Not at all! So I look like I have a bob gone wrong all the time. It does not go past the bottom of the neck line, but my fronts go below the armpit.

My hair mid back is basically dead, or acts it. It will not grow. I take the hair, skin nail supplement but it will still not grow. I have been to doctors but because my hair is not in bold patches I cannot get care, regardless of the fact that my hair is thin and always malting.

I'm going to try sea kelp as I hear it can help, but any other ideas of what I can do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Why are you insisting on having long hair when your body is telling you no, no, no? Consider a short, cute bob and work with what you have!

Jun 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
    It use to grow, I use to have long, strong thick hair, but when I was a bit younger, around 17, my mum developed cancer and then it started rapidly falling out, resulting in the dead at the back of my hair and it has not been able to recover since.
    I have considered, but my face is not the right shape, and with really curly hair the bob will always be tricky because my hair gets springs in it

Jun 10, 2012, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why are you insisting on having long hair when your body is telling you no, no, no? Consider a short, cute bob and work with what you have!
    It use to grow, I use to have long, strong thick hair, but when I was a bit younger, around 17, my mum developed cancer and then it started rapidly falling out, resulting in the dead at the back of my hair and it has not been able to recover since.
    I have considered, but my face is not the right shape, and with really curly hair the bob will always be tricky because my hair gets springs in it
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 05:48 PM
    It sounds like stress has messed up your hair growth. Long hair can be a mess if your hair tends to curl. There's a product called Viviscal that users claim helps with hair growth but it will take at several months (or more) of use and it is $50 or so a package (60 tablets -- two a day). After a about of anemia and then breast cancer (and radiation) that included hair loss, I decided to try it and was quite satisfied. I used it only for three months (couldn't afford it any longer, plus my hair seemed to be growing back okay--Mother Nature or Viviscal? ).

If you have the money, it might be worth a try for at least three months. Read reviews on it. It's available through Amazon.

Jun 10, 2012, 05:52 PM
    It sounds like stress has messed up your hair growth. Long hair can be a mess if your hair tends to curl. There's a product called Viviscal that users claim helps with hair growth but it will take at several months (or more) of use and it is $50 or so a package (60 tablets -- two a day). After a bout of anemia and then breast cancer (and radiation) that included hair loss, I decided to try it and was quite satisfied. I used it only for three months (couldn't afford it any longer, plus my hair seemed to be growing back okay--Mother Nature or Viviscal??).

If you have the money, it might be worth a try for at least three months. Read reviews on it. It's available through Amazon.
    Im not even wanting overly long hair, would just be nice to have all my hair the same length and have hair at the back, instead of having to put a clip init to hide the unbalance of hair.
    Thank you very much I will have a look at this product right away
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 05:53 PM
    From Amazon's description --

Indications
    Viviscal is the #1 selling hair supplement worldwide. This 100% Natural, premium European beauty product has been available in the USA for over 10 years in professional clinics and hair salons and has now been made available.

Ingredients
    Contains One or More of the Following: Cod, English Whiting, Shark, and Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose, Natural Orange Flavor, Glycerol.

Directions
    Take 2 tablets daily. In the morning and evening, take 1 tablet with water after food. Use as directed for a minimum of 6 months. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. Store in a cool dry place.

Jun 10, 2012, 06:00 PM
    from Amazon's description --

Indications
    Viviscal is the #1 selling hair supplement worldwide. This 100% Natural, premium European beauty product has been available in the USA for over 10 years in professional clinics and hair salons and has now been made available.

Ingredients
    Contains One or More of the Following: Cod, English Whiting, Shark, and Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose, Natural Orange Flavor, Glycerol.

Directions
    Take 2 tablets daily. In the morning and evening, take 1 tablet with water after food. Use as directed for a minimum of 6 months. Do not exceed the recommended daily intake. Store in a cool dry place.
    Thank you so much, I have ordered some of Amazon, I will not get my hopes up too much, but I'm hopeful as the reviews seem good on the product
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 10, 2012, 06:06 PM
    I was skeptical, but desperate to get back my beautiful hair. I had researched what had happened (I'm a librarian). Apparently, stress will cause hair follicles to go to sleep, and the fish ingredients in the Vivisical will wake up the follicles to start producing again. Of course, over time, that might happen anyway, but maybe not. I wasn't willing to wait, and something did work for me.

Let me know how/if it works for you.

Jun 10, 2012, 06:13 PM
    I was skeptical, but desperate to get back my beautiful hair. I had researched what had happened (I'm a librarian). Apparently, stress will cause hair follicles to go to sleep, and the fish ingredients in the Vivisical will wake up the follicles to start producing again. Of course, over time, that might happen anyway, but maybe not. I wasn't willing to wait, and something did work for me.

Let me know how/if it works for you.
    Same, I have been waiting for couple of years and still no sign of change so I'm really hoping this will work as its effecting myself confidence a lot now. I will do, thank you again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will damaged hair grow back? [ 1 Answers ]

Two years ago my daughter (now 21) dyed her thick healthy blond hair red. She didn't like it and with a friend put various blond/bleach kits on it until it was blond again. Now her hair is becoming thinner all the time and I am devastated it is so thin. Will it ever grow back or is it likely she...

How do I grow my hair back? [ 38 Answers ]

My hair was really damaged from dye and bleach.It started to get really nasty and just break off.I got so upset that I cut it off today by myself and I cut it too short now I really hate it and regret it!What can I do to help my hair grow back?

How long does cat hair take to grow back? [ 2 Answers ]

We adopted 2 cats 10 months ago from the Animal Rescue Center. One cat was 5 months old at the time. He is a black and white, medium length haired cat. When we got him, the hair on his abdomen was like someone had shaved him. The ARC didn't have any back ground information on him but did say...

View more questions Search