Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annamass Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
    Skip 8th
    I am 13 and in 7th grade. I want and feel like I need to skip to 8th grade. I have all a's and I do not feel challenged in most classes. How could I skip? Where could I get tested? And is it possible? I came from private school so I do not have an EOG score, but my CAT test scores were almost above average on everything. Also is there a summer corse I could take?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 13, 2012, 02:05 AM
    That is up to YOUR school, they all have their own rules.

Your parents will need to go out and talk to the counselor and/or the principal and discuss this.

I will note that your CAT has to be almost max normally.
    And for many private schools, they give you the CAT for the grade you want to skip and you have to do passing and sometimes above average for a CAT you have never studied for.
    ** that is what my son has done.
    He has skipped twice, but personally I don't advise it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skip 7th or 8th? [ 1 Answers ]

I am in 7th grade and just transferred to public from private school... I have straight A's and do not feel challenged in most classes. I am 13 because of November birthday and almost all my friends are in 8th grade. How can I skip to freshman year, or skip the second semester of 7th grade? Or...

How can I skip a grade? [ 12 Answers ]

I am enthusiastic about attaining new knowledge in school, but my schools acceleration rate is too slow for me. For example, I can not pay attention in class but still get acceptable, even exceptional grades. On my report cards I have always made high honors (at my school this is making through a...

How do you skip a period [ 0 Answers ]

After being a day late with 2 birth control pills in a month, spotting has occurred 3 days early. Is there a way to prevent the period from coming once spotting has started? Would continuing the rest of the pack help stop the period from occurring?

How can I skip a grade? [ 3 Answers ]

I really want to skip 8th grade and move on to high school because I am basically the oldest. I flunk 3rd grade but science than my grades have been pretty good except for 1 report card I got a 60 in one class and 70s ,but I ussually get 80s and 90s even 100s. I think I was going through a really...

Skip kinder [ 5 Answers ]

Hello My Daughter will be 6 in jan I was just wondering can she go to 1st grade she knows 1 to 20 counting in words,colors name in words ,days of week in words ,vowels and 3 letters word she can read 3 letters ,addition ,subtraction Now she is going to kinder this fall

View more questions Search