Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cerryberry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2013, 12:49 AM
    Really bad sunburn
    Hi , I'm 18 weeks pregnant and I went to the beach yesterday even though I put on sun cream I got really bad sunburn , the sunburn is that bad that's purple and every time I move its feels like I'm turning my skin apart ,I don't have any blisters but I have the chills , I been drinking lots of water , what can I put on the sunburn other then aloe Vera I tried aloe Vera doesn't seem to be help, should I seek medical attention??
    Anonymous9175 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2013, 01:56 AM
    It's good you are drinking lots of water. Avoid the sun and have lots of cold showers. Put moisturiser, which will help the skin beneath the burnt skin to stay moisturised. Keep going with the Aloe Vera, and maybe use hydrating creams. Cortizone might help as well (Cortizone 10, especially if you have an itch). I think it might help if you use spray-on products rather than creams by hand. Also try avoid using soaps and perfumes and such products because they may irritate your skin. If you are in a lot pain, take over-the-counter pain-relieving medication. You probably should talk to your local pharmacist about what you can do, and just be patient.

Good Luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Really bad sunburn on face? [ 10 Answers ]

I got a bad one on my fave by going to the moubtains with no sunscreen. ;( it hurts sooo bad! My face is peeling it self and my eyes are wrinkled and swolen. Here are some tips. Take 3 tablespoons of ground meals and mix it with half cup of yoghurt. Rub this mixture on over your neck and face....

Bad sunburn [ 0 Answers ]

I sunburned pretty bad over the holiday weekend. It's been two days. There's no blistering. My legs feel OK when sitting but when I walk or especially stand in one place they hurt. And I have a little swelling in my ankles. How long should this last? Is there anything I can do to help my body heal?

Bad Sunburn & Wrinkles on face [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 21 year old female. I got an really bad case of sunburn on my face 2 days ago (because I did not have sunscreen with me, which I know I should have brought) and I have been using aloe vera gel to "heal" it. However, it is still extremely red and my skin feels like it's very tight and...

Bad Sunburn [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I got a really bad sunburn on my face 2 days ago I've been using aloe when I can!! But it has already began to peel and the skin under the peeling skin is really red what should I do or can I do to get rid of the redness

Chemical Burn on a Bad Sunburn [ 2 Answers ]

I got a bad sunburn on the back of my neck yesterday. That night, my boyfriend put hair stripper(bleach) on my hair and he got some of it on the sunburn. It hurt for awhile. We didn't immediately wash it off for about 6 -10 minutes. After rinsing the haircolor out I noticed a puffy spot on the back...

View more questions Search