Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PinkandStuf69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2012, 10:24 AM
    Blood Type
    Hi , My husband and I are going to start trying to have a baby with in 6 months to a year from now . My blood type is A- and then I found out by donating blood that Im RH NEG is this possible like being A- RH negative or no
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 5, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Blood type "A-" is shorthand for "A negative," or more completely: "Type A, Rh-negative." If your husband has a blood type that's Rh-positive then it's possible your baby could also be Rh positive, and so your obstetrician will likely prescribe a couple of shots that will prevent any issues of the Rh factor of the baby's blood causing problems with your Rh-negatve blood. This is a very common occurrence and as long as it's dealt with should not affect either your health or the baby's. Here's a web site that gives a good description of this issue: Rh Factor : American Pregnancy Association

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Parents both blood type O+, kid blood type A+ is that possible? [ 7 Answers ]

The Mother and Father both have Blood type o+ but their baby has a blood type A+ I would like to know if that is biologically possible? And if no if father should DNA baby?

If the mother has a blood type child has o negative what blood type would the father [ 3 Answers ]

If I have a child with O negative blood and I am A positive would the father have to be O negative as well

What is the difference between blood group type A and type A? [ 2 Answers ]

1. Is blood type A+ the same with blood type A? 2. If the father is blood type A+ and the mother is type O, what would be the Blood types of the children?

View more questions Search