Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sexylady22 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
    Blood clots
    I recently had blood clots oct 8 2012 and on Nov 1st they did an ultrasound and the clots were gone I'm on blood thinners still. My thing is it feels like there is something there I'm scared cause I'm getting ankle surgery wed Nov 28th and I'm wondering if I should get another ultrasound or could it be the pain I'm feeling please help. I'm so concern
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 10:06 PM
    Where were the blood clots located?

Nov 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Where were the blood clots located?
    I've had them in my left leg this is the second time I've had the first ones I had in my left leg then moved to my lungs back in aug 17th 2011.
    Education Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
    Is the ankle doctor aware of your blood clots? If not, why don't you phone his/her office and give them the details of your recent blood clots and the name of the doctor who cared for you. They can work together for a successful surgery.

Nov 20, 2012, 10:19 PM
    Is the ankle doctor aware of your blood clots? If not, why don't you phone his/her office and give them the details of your recent blood clots and the name of the doctor who cared for you. They can work together for a successful surgery.
    Trust me all my doctors are on the same page they want do surgery unless I'm cleared plus my doctors are super awesome so is the surgeon they are aware of my clots my thing is if I should get another ultrasound or maybe I'm just scared n worried.
    Education Expert

Nov 20, 2012, 10:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sexylady22 View Post
    Trust me all my doctors are on the same page they want do surgery unless I'm cleared plus my doctors are super awesome so is the surgeon they are aware of my clots my thing is if I should get another ultrasound or maybe I'm just scared n worried.
    I have had leg blood clots and an ultrasound is only good at that moment as things can change. If they are all on the same page, they may send you for an ultrasound the day before the surgery. I imagine they will monitor you very closely!

Nov 20, 2012, 10:28 PM
    I have had leg blood clots and an ultrasound is only good at that moment as things can change. If they are all on the same page, they may send you for an ultrasound the day before the surgery. I imagine they will monitor you very closely!
    Yes they are I'm having in home nurse watching me 24/7 so yea I see my doctor tomorrow I hope she requets me an ultrasound.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are blood clots [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know what are blood clots please

I loose a lot of blood and pass really big blood clots and in a lot of pain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am 33 year old woman who has went through 2 child births and ever since I had my second child I have been having real bad periods. But this month it is very different I am in a lot of pain and passing a lot of big blood clots and I am losing a lot of blood! I have tried to take a luke warm...

Irregular period, thick blood, light flow, blood clots [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 19 and I am supposed to be on my period now. When my period started 3 days ago it was only brown discharge and then changed to red. Now its only thick blood and clots which is coming out and it hasn't happened to me before and it barely reaches to the pad. I usually have a normal period, I...

Blood clots [ 1 Answers ]

I had the mirena inserted just over a year ago, since then I have been bleeding heavy, during that time I may have stopped bleeding for all up, 2 months on and off. I have recently got the mirena removed as I found it was in the wrong place. That was two days ago and since then have been bleeding...

View more questions Search