Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    80schilds Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2010, 05:03 PM
    80's children's books
    I have been trying to find a book from my childhood... Cannot remember a lot so here goes... story was possibly about a boy who could not sleep who had a sheep and another animal as a friend. I believe this was an audiobook and you could buy the soft toys also. There was also a song which went along the lines of 'can't never will and quiters never win' The boy counted sheep when trying to sleep but his friend sheep couldn't jump?? Hence the quitters song... Any help would be really appreciated. I have spent many hours on eBay, Google, Amazon looking for this with no luck :(
    liliolil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2010, 01:25 PM
    Be trying to find this
    cuteboots Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2010, 04:31 PM
    I have also been trying to find this as it was a favourite of my sisters in the 80's.
    The sheep was called Lacy and the song went along the lines of "Can't never could and quitters never win". Eventually the little boy falls asleep and I'm sure there's a song at the end of the tape about dreams. That's all I can remember. Sorry!

If I ever find it, I'll get back to you.

Margaret xxx
    blynneg Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

May 26, 2011, 01:12 PM
    I looked for these forever and finally gave up. I got on a mission today and found it. It was part of the Land of Pleasant Dreams series published by World of Wonder in 1986. This one was A Fence Too High. Unfortunately, the cheapest I have found it on Amazon is $60.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 26, 2011, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blynneg View Post
    I looked for these forever and finally gave up. I got on a mission today and found it. It was part of the Land of Pleasant Dreams series published by World of Wonder in 1986. This one was A Fence Too High. Unfortunately, the cheapest I have found it on Amazon is $60.
    Check with your local library's reference department. It's at a few libraries in the US and should be (might be?) available through interlibrary loan.
    cuteboots Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 06:00 AM
    Comment on blynneg's post
    OH MY GOD! I could actually hug you! You are amazing, thank you so much! I had just about given up trying to find this, you are an angel. I didn't know it was part of a series of stories and that there were other animals too. Plus I didn't know it was a TV series too, I found some of them on YouTube, my sister will freak when she sees it. Thanks very much for all your help! Love, Margaret xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's children's books [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a book with a large (two page) illustration of many little children sitting at a very large table eating a very large breakfast. I don't know the name of the book or the story line. That picture is all we remember. Some of the children are eating, some are running around and some...

Old books from the 70's-80's [ 3 Answers ]

I've been looking for awhile with no luck and cannot remember the name of the book. When I was in elementary our class always checked these books out. They were a series of books on urban legends, ufo's and all that fun stuff. The books were hardcover, white borders on the books I believe and the...

Title, author of children's books from more than 20 years ago. [ 13 Answers ]

I had a really cool teacher in fourth grade - I think he was like 180 - or at least 80. He used to read us these books about a bunch of friendly animals living in the forest together, and they'd talk to each other and go on adventures. I loved them so much that one day I found a big bin of them at...

View more questions Search