Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abysola Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Writing a thesis statement
    It is about the crucible by Arthur Miller. A REPORT about on of the themes Reputation. Give me a guide about how to right the thesis statement about it, or if you can give me an idea on what to wright
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Oct 26, 2007, 04:18 PM
    Figure out what the main point you want to get across in your essay is. Your thesis should sum up what is in the report. It's kind of like on this website. When we ask a question, we always have a meaningful title. That way people know generally what it is going to be about. You just do the same thing with your essay. For instance, if you are writing about reputation in The Crucible, you might say something like "In this book, reputation plays a key role in the character's struggles", or " This story shows what can happen when people are judged by their reputations only". One thing that always helps me when writing an essay is to make up an outline of what I want to say in it. You write your thesis, your main points, and your closing statement first, and then you can just fill in the blanks with facts, etc. There is a great book called the "Writer's Inc." that we had to read in school. It really helped me with writing essays. Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2007, 04:19 PM
    I answered a question about this a week or so ago. Are you the same person? That person was supposed to compare a character with a modern-day person.

There no guide to writing the thesis statement other than it should be a statement of what you want to say in your report. Have you read the play? Do you have any thoughts about reputation? Think about people's reputations in 2007. Also, what do you want to say about reputation in your report?

Please be sure to have someone proofread your report when you've written it. In your question above, you spelled the word "write" two different ways, both of them incorrect.

Here are notes that might help - check the summary and analysis sections --

SparkNotes: The Crucible
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2007, 04:57 PM
    I hope you finally have your answers, since this is the third post on this question for you. You have been given some very good advice here and on your other thread. Good luck writing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difficulty in starting writing my Ph.D. Thesis [ 17 Answers ]

I have been studying my Ph.D. in chemistry for five and a half years. I got married on the second year and had the baby on the thirds year and lost my mom after having the baby. The project was troublesome and I needed to have technical skills to solve the technical problems so that I could use a...

Writing thesis paper. [ 3 Answers ]

Hello and I am new member,just trying to see if someone could help me put together a good thesis for outsourcing jobs in the foreign countries,and I am not talking about you give me answe I am just trying to get a little help,I need good website that give me good example and explantion on my...

Thesis statment-lord of the flies [ 2 Answers ]

I need help about a thesis statement for lord of the flies and its about the conch and a sows head and how it has powers over the children

Writing a thesis statement [ 2 Answers ]

It about writing a report about a theme of the book which is repuation.the way some character showed that their reputation meant a lot to them.for example on pg12 about abigail

Thesis statement [ 1 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement for anti abortion. I want to catch the readers anttention, so it should be interesting. Thanks

View more questions Search