Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TheOreeoShow Posts: 78, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2009, 07:46 PM
    What's wrong with my dog's fur!
    Every day I find these little black things that aren't alive! They aren't dirt they are small and about as big as a quarter cm. Ive seen fleas and they are not fleas ! Most of them are in the neck area and not attached to the skin but, just the fur. I found two that are in the back area though! They don't look like dead bugs either could some one help?:confused: I find them every day for the past 5 days!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 07:52 PM

The black specks are flea poop. Has the dog been treated for fleas? If you do so, you will be amazed at the huge number of fleas that crawl out of his fur. Frontline is what we used on our cats, with good results. Then launder in hot water and soap all his bedding (or throw out in a sealed bag what can't be washed), spread flea powder and then vacuum more than once in all the places where he has wandered in the house, then seal the vacuum bag in a plastic bag and throw it away. Fleas do not like to die.

Jul 1, 2009, 07:57 PM
    [QUOTE=Wondergirl;1830993]The black specks are flea poop. Has the dog been treated for fleas?

Are you sure because my dog has been treated for fleas and The specs are sometimes bigger than fleas themselves. If they are fleas Ive never seen them? My dogs an indoor dog and I also have a cat and I still haven't seen them?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Are you sure because my dog has been treated for fleas and The specs are sometimes bigger than fleas themselves. If they are fleas Ive never seen them? My dogs an indoor dog and I also have a cat and I still haven't seen them?
    Hmmm, even indoor animals get fleas (mine did). I guess you and the dog had better visit the vet, or pick off some of these specks and take them to the vet office to show someone.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 1, 2009, 08:14 PM

Have you tried giving your dog a bath to see if they go away? They might be detached scabs from scratching.

Jul 1, 2009, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hheath541 View Post
    have you tried giving your dog a bath to see if they go away? they might be detached scabs from scratching.
    Yes I did. AND THEY Won't GO AWAY!! Its driving me crazy!

Jul 1, 2009, 08:49 PM

Should I let my dog sleep on my Bed tonight?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 1, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOreeoShow View Post
    Should I let my dog sleep on my Bed tonight?
    Do you brush him? If so, do these specks keep multiplying and never get all brushed out? If the specks aren't alive, you might end up with specks in/on your bed, but vacuum them up or shake out the covers the next day. Now I'm dying to know what they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sure what's wrong. [ 2 Answers ]

On Friday afternoon I noticed some blood when I went to the toilet, some spotting in my underwear. My period is not due until this wkend so I was a little worried... it continued on Saturday, Sunday and today. The blood flow is nothing like my period has I have heavy periods and I spoke to my...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

What's wrong with me? [ 7 Answers ]

The last couple months a lot of things have been brought to my attention. Im 14. Lately I've been reasarching a lot of mental health issues. Its really weird because every time I read something I feel like the symptoms fit me perfectly. For example I've been reading about OCD. I feel like I have...

What's wrong [ 6 Answers ]

This is long so bare with me. My story is that I met X when I was 19, it was lust at first site for both of us. I was a virgin. Once we meet we were friends for 5 months before anything happened between, once it blossomed it was great. Then shortly after he had to move to ireland (as he is...

View more questions Search