Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fstill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2011, 09:09 PM
    Concerned
    I am having trouble with my sex life. I had my 4th son almost a year ago and lost him during the labor process due to a fatal condition my husband and I knew of months before. We chose to carry him to term and pray for a miracle. Anyway, the birth of my son was very tramatic. I pushed for over an hour because he was twisted and his shoulder was caught under my hip bone. It was very painful and I still have areas on my legs where full sensation has not returned. After the birth my liver ruptured and was told I suffering from Hellp syndrome. I was life flighted and in ICU for 3 days.
    What I am having a problem with is that I do not have any sensation when vaginally stimulated and my clitoris is barely sensation as well. My sex drive is a zero too.
    My question is could these issues be related to the birth of my son? I had no issues before his birth and previous 3 other births. Any help would be great!!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 2, 2011, 09:12 PM

I am very sorry for the loss of your son. I know how hard that can be after carrying to term.

It's very possible that you are having problems due to the shoulder dystocia. It's possible that nerve endings were damaged due to the traumatic birth.

The sex drive would most likely be a hormonal issue. Your doctor can do a blood test to determine whether your hormone levels are balanced.
    michelelee1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2011, 09:30 PM
    It could be

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be concerned? [ 2 Answers ]

I know I really should see a doctor, but I don't have any health insurance and can't find any free clinics in my area. So I'm putting this up here to see if maybe anyone else went through this or perhaps is am doctor and could help/give advice. I don't know what is wrong with me, but here are...

Should I be concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

About a week and a half ago one of my girls refused to eat and passed blood. She was promptly taken to the vet and diagnosed with a tummy problem. We got some medicine and was asked to bring in a stool sample for further study within the next few days. Well she got her appetite back, and she...

Am I too concerned about this? [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend posted about what attracts him to girls on a site and one of the things he said was glasses. I don't really wear glasses, only at night because I can't drive in them. I'm going to be getting some new glasses soon with a newer prescription, I wonder if he is thinking about me in...

View more questions Search