Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammie232 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Someone lost results.who pays for second set
    I had a pap back when I was under 65. They (who, not sure) said the results were lost.
    Made an appt and went back after age 65, when I dropped my union insurance and took
    Up another secondary. The lab (Quest) denied payment because it was billed to my
    Union insurance. Do I now have to have my new company pick up the tab for this
    Mistake? It's $195.00. I really don't want to pay it, but I also don't want to end up in
    Collections.
    eskimopups Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2009, 08:06 PM

The provider that did the initial pap and lost it, needs to cover the second pap at no cost. I've worked in a facility and this does happen. Usually it's not "lost" but maybe two letters transposed in the name, so it has to be rejected from the lab. But the initial pap was turned into your insurance and the 2nd should be done at no cost to you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 08:16 PM

If you can prove who lost it, they should pay.

But, what insurance do you have now ? If in the US, would you not have medicare ? And a medicare suppliment. IF so why would it not be covered

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who pays for dinner? [ 8 Answers ]

If a girl and I are going out to eat and we are only friends and we both no that 100%, should I still offer to pay for her dinner? What if she expects me too? Going out to dinner was her idea so we can catch up on missed times. Thanks!

Who pays? [ 3 Answers ]

I have rented the same apartment for 6 years in PA. I wish to have my carpets profesionaly cleaned. They have not been cleaned since I moved in or before hand. Who should pay the bill, me or the landlord?

Who pays for dna [ 1 Answers ]

If the father requests dna or court orders it, are both parties responsible to pay for the testing.

Who pays [ 11 Answers ]

My daughter and soon to be son in law are planning their wedding in Oct... so far they only want the parents to help as little as possible... Fine... but I was recently asked... being that they are paying for a great deal of their own wedding... what is the ettiquette on out of town guest and who...

View more questions Search