Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    purplerocks0023 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2014, 09:47 PM
    Did I dislocate or break a bone in my shoulder?
    in November I was playing volleyball and I'm an over hand server and I went to serve and I heard a pop in my shoulder and I couldn't move my arm for a couple of seconds because it hurt but I only had 10 minutes of practice left so I kept playing the next day when I woke up I was in excruciating pain and I couldn't move my shoulder at all after a while I got up because I needed to get ready for school and when I went to put my shirt on I noticed this huge purple mark on my shoulder so I showed my mom and she decided to take me to the hospital when I got there I had to get an x ray and an ultra sound but the doctor said she didn't know what was wrong with my shoulder and she didn't know what the purple mark was so I was sent home with a lot of pain and no medicine for the pain about 5 weeks ago I was sent to the fracture clinic and I was told I needed physio so my mom set up an appointment with a physio therapist and its scheduled for Monday jan 13 but last week I fell down the stairs and landed on the same shoulder and I've been in a lot of pain! And I think I fractured my coracoid process even though its uncommon in children (I'm 13) I think that because when I feel that area there is this hard thing popping out but when you look at my shoulder it doesn't seem like its popped out only when you feel it! Also on the top of my shoulder it feels like there is a bone sticking out and its 3 times higher then my other shoulder its basically touching my chin (not literally) Do you think I fractured a bone in my shoulder? Will I need a cast or surgery? And should I go back to the hospital?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 11, 2014, 09:59 PM
    Without an X-ray there is no way to know one way or another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shoulder [ 3 Answers ]

Shoulder pops all the time. Starts to ache after exercising. But doesn't hurt during exercise.

Scaphoid bone break [ 1 Answers ]

Ive broken my scaphoid bone and in plaster for 8 weeks. How loose should my cast be? Coz it feels like if I put force in I could pull it off and I can move my wrist in it. Also I can put my other hand in and touch the injured part of my hand.

Clarification whether is it bone spur or bone tumor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello doctor, my mother(45+ years) has bone spur(tissue like projection) in the foot from the foot x-ray and scan taken. now I have a doubt that whether is it a bone tumor or bone spur. because sometimes she has fever, chills and little night sweat, vomiting and tenderness, swelling.

Dislocated shoulder bone [ 20 Answers ]

Hi I am male, 23 years old, I was the attention of a mob attack 6 months ago, now during the experience a cop tried to help me but was pushed over and he fell on me, now this was quite a well built, stocky fellow, and I land on my left shoulder with both his and my weight on it, the shoulder...

He left part of the bone in my shoulder [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I had shoulder arthroscopic (?) surgery 2/5. Three days later in physical rehab my shoulder was hurting really bad and also snapping, bone on bone. I had the stitches removed on 2/13, telling the doc that I was in agonizing pain and not sleeping. He had me come back on 2/21 for a steroid...

View more questions Search