Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RDThomas Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Latex Paint Down the Drain
    Hello. Yesterday a half gallon of latex paint accidentally spilled down my kitchen sink. I immediately ran hot water down the sink, and there was (and still is not) no clogging or back-up, so I assumed everything was fine. Today, my Super came to my apt, brought me to the basement, and showed me colored water that had gathered on the floor. He said I had caused a back-up and would need a plumber to fix it. My question is: 1. Is this possible when my water is running fine and my pipes don't seem to be clogged? And 2. If so, how much will it cost to fix (for a 3-family building). Thank you so much for your help!
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 07:53 PM

Hi RDThomas...

You said, "He said I had caused a back-up and would need a plumber to fix it."..

Fix what? Is the drain in the basement still clogged?

You say your pipes are clear but does water show up downstairs when you run water at the kitchen sink?

Let me know more, OK?

Mark

Jan 31, 2011, 08:06 PM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    I have no idea what he thinks needs to be fixed, unfortunately. I spoke to the other two tenants of the building, neither of them are having any plumbing trouble/back-ups, so would that mean that the basement drain could not be clogged?

Jan 31, 2011, 08:07 PM
    Comment on massplumber2008's post
    I don't think there is any more water showing up downstairs, the water seems to be from yesterday and that is all.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 31, 2011, 08:18 PM

What happens when you run your kitchen sink for a few (3-4) minutes and check to see what it looks like downstairs at the area in question?

Let me know...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Latex paint clogged tub [ 2 Answers ]

I am pregnant and my mom and brother came over to help paint the baby room. After the first coat a couple days later I noticed the tub drain was very sluggish. I forgot to tell them and today my brother cleaned up from the second coat using the same drain and I see chunks in the tub! What can I do...

Latex paint sheen match [ 0 Answers ]

OK, I painted the hallway upstairs. I used HD's best latex w/primer built in. I painted eggshell over flat. (contractor grade flat paint) The new (eggshell) paint soaked in like a sponge and dried so fast you really had to be careful when applying roller strokes or you could see the pattern in the...

I got latex paint on my carpet! [ 6 Answers ]

I just finished painting my hallways in the upstairs of my house a very dark green. I have tan carpet, which I splashed some paint on. I tried soap and water, no go. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get the paint out of my carpet? I am afraid I am going to have to have all of the carpeting...

Paint down drain [ 6 Answers ]

I spilled a gallon of latex paint down my bathroom sink. What should I do?

Latex or oil , old paint [ 4 Answers ]

I need to paint over woodwork and don't know if it is oil or latex. What should I do?

View more questions Search