Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Aug 28, 2011, 01:28 PM
    How to get rid of advertisements on the computer?
    There are these ads or advertisements that pop up on my screen and it's really annoying. I want to know how to get rid of them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2011, 01:30 PM
    Do you have or run any network security that has a pop up blocker.

When is the last time you ran a security check ?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 28, 2011, 02:25 PM
    Several steps can be taken to help this.
    First check for viruses and other malware, There are several free AV programs like Microsoft Security essentials and AVG.
    Second Firefox offers several ad blocking extensions. I do not use Windows so I am not sure what is offered in IE outside of the popup blocker.
    Finally always make sure that you operating system, Security software, browser, and other software is up to date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At start-up my computer displays two error notices - how do I get rid of them [ 2 Answers ]

The 2 notices advise " error loading and the specified module could not be found" The address is c:\ users\My name\ app data\local\ nclexit.dll and the same address for the second with ibiwesifiziwe.dll. Computer preformance is fine , just its getting annoying seeing these at start -up. ...

How can I un a veriou scran on my computer to get rid of viruses [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to run a virius scran no my computor

How to rid anti spyware from computer [ 1 Answers ]

How can I remove anti spy ware and can I reload windows in computer over windows or does the hard drive have to be formatted

Cost of Advertisements in Car Magazines in the UK [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know the following: How much does it cost for: 1)publishing an ad in a leading uk car magazine 2)publishing an ad in financial times 3)for bulk sms services

View more questions Search