Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PaulaF Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2017, 07:57 AM
    What category should I use for an insurance claim payout.
    Our insurance company paid a claim so we could repair a broken piece of equipment. It is not income, and not an expense, How should it be categorized?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2017, 07:14 PM
    You accounted for the cost of the repair so the claim represents an offset to that cost

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much would a hospital payout insurance to patients of a sexual offender [ 2 Answers ]

My kida pediatrician turned to be sexual predator within his practice and the hospital is going to pay damages to the patients,I was wondering how much money that might be.

Automobile insurance payout [ 3 Answers ]

I was in an automobile accident and have roughly $12,000 in medical bills. I was driving my girlfriend's car and was hit by a drunk driver. I am currently discussing the situation with her insurance company. I don't have a lawyer, but I heard that her insurance will probably pay up to three times...

Insurance payout [ 5 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I was walking in front of my house new years morning and a lady ran into me. Shattering my left ankle and spraining my right one. I had to have surgery to put screws into my ankle. Spent 4 days in the hospital. Me only being 20 and no longer able to work (couldnt afford medical...

View more questions Search