Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunny17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2012, 05:30 PM
    501c3 rules
    May there be a majority of a 503c Board members share an affliation with another 503c organization? Especially when it comes to holding executive positions in both, Treasurer for example.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 18, 2012, 06:23 PM
    Keep in mind that the legal form of the organization is not a "503c organization". Any charity or other entity eligible for tax exemption for it's donors pursuant to section 501 (c) of the Internal Revenue Code is an organization (typically a non-profit corporation) organized pursuant to state law.

But yes; there is seldom any provision of such state law prohibiting the officers or members of one such organization from also being officers or members of other such organizations. Why should there be? What is the problem in your case?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 19, 2012, 02:59 AM
    Yes in many religious corporations, it is common, since often a parent group will have two or three other groups under it but with separate corporation and tax exempt status. But many of the officers will be the same

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

501c3 rules [ 1 Answers ]

My children's school operates as a 5013c.. I am wanting to start selling school spirit items such as tshirts, magnets, cups, etc. at the school. If we pay sales tax on the items on the front end, are we legally able to make a profit on the items without paying additional taxes and violating any...

501c3 rules? [ 4 Answers ]

I have sent in my application for my 501C3 agency. If I begin to raise funds for the agency, is the tax deductibility retroactive? In other words if someone donates $10,000 on September 1st and we don't get the 501C3 approved until October - is that donation given on September 1st tax deductible?

501c3 rules? [ 6 Answers ]

My Subdivision has an swim team here in Houston, TX. They are a 501C3 organization. (Non-profit) It is 80.00 registration to join per child. In addition to the registration fee you must give them an 100.00 check they hold till the end of swim teem season. If u volunteer at swim meets and earn...

501c3 rules [ 1 Answers ]

As a Synagogue, must we have an audit on each area where money is involved, Rabbi Discretionary Fund,for example.

501c3 rules [ 2 Answers ]

Under 501c3 - What are the guidelines for giving a monetary gift to a family in Financial Need? What if one of the family is a board member?

View more questions Search