Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShirleyR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2009, 02:11 PM
    Can a self employed real estate agent collect unemployment
    I am a real estate agent in south Florida and I have only had two small rental deals so far this year even though I am working my business every day. What qualifies a self employed real estate sales agent to be able to collect unemployment? Thank you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 02:52 PM

I don't know how it works where you are but, in Ontario you can't collect UI if you haven't paid into it.

Tick
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Apr 20, 2009, 09:18 PM

I agree, if you are self employed the answer is no, you cannot collect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Becoming a Real Estate Agent [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know what steps I need to take in order to become a real estate agent in California. I am about to graduate high school in 08 and I want to become a real estate agent. I really want to become a mortgage broker and someone told me I had to be a agent first, is that true? If so what...

Real Estate Agent [ 4 Answers ]

I am a real estate agent in MA. Is there a list already prepared that provides you with a list of the different things you can write of as an agent. I also have another full time job that is salary based but my Real Estate office is going to 1099 me. Any information would be helpful. Also if...

How to become a real estate agent? [ 2 Answers ]

Do you have to graduate high school to become a real estate agent? Or can you become one with a G.E.D.?

Real Estate Agent [ 1 Answers ]

In about a month I am moving from Florida to California. After I get there, I would like to get a license to sell real estate. Can anyone recommend a good online school I can use? What is the percentage rate of people passing the test? And can someone give me an example of what kind of...

How to become a real estate agent? [ 2 Answers ]

How does someone become a real estate agent? Does it take long and what do you do after you have the credentials? How do you get started? Any advice would be great. I am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.:cool:

View more questions Search