Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patriciahen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Billing as per the estimate or how long the work took?
    Hello
    I am a newly set up freelance graphic designer. One of my clients asked me to quote for a job. Generally I work on a per hour basis and I am unsure on how to bill them once the project is finished.

As it is a creative, and therefore difficult to give an exact qote for how long something will take, should I bill them as the quote I gave them or should I bill them for the actual time it took me to do the job? (it took a bit longer than what I had quoted).

Any help highly appreciated!

Many thanks
    Patricia
    starrynight2117 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2008, 08:17 PM

I would give them a rough qoute, telling that the price my change if it takes longer or it costs you more to do the project. But if you gave an exact quote then I would bill them on that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does bio claire take to work! [ 2 Answers ]

How long did it take you to lighten and by how much. How long does a bottle of the cream last if you use it for your entire body!!!?? Help ;)

Ex now billing me for work he did on my house while dating [ 3 Answers ]

I was dating a guy for two months and while I was dating him I purchased a house, he offered to do some fix up work for me even though I told him he didn't have to he said he wanted to. During this time he used my credit card to buy supplies for my house, then we broke up at the end of October. ...

Antibiotics.how long before they should work? [ 2 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with Quinsy (abcess on the tonsil) 2 days ago. I got a shot in the butt, and have been prescribed Penicillin V 500mg (2 caps twice daily). It is now 48 hours since I started the meds, and I have only a slight decrease in pain and discomfort. My tonsil appears to be less swollen,...

NJ resident work in NYC - need help for filing estimate tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am a resident of New Jersey and work in New York City. I have some realized capital gain from stock trading. Where should I file state estimate tax? To NYC or NJ ? I also have some income from NJ in the first 3 months in 2005. Can I file my estimate tax to NJ to avoid higher rate in NY...

View more questions Search