Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    edwina70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2013, 04:27 PM
    Diabetic with pneumonia
    I am type 2 diabetic and had a ct scan on Wednesday which I had to be prepped for Iodine allergy and my sugar went up to 519 after I went home so I went back to emergency and they kept me... did a chest X-ray to find I had the beginning of pneumonia. They gave me IV antibiotics and insulin and sent me home the next day. I am now taking Bactim and my oral diabetes medicine and pneumonia feels like it is getting worse not better and my sugar is no lower than 157 and as high as 210 after fasting last night. I don't want to go back to the hospital but read how bad pneumonia is for diabetics what would you suggest? Thank you ahead of time.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 17, 2013, 04:28 PM
    I would suggest you contact your doctor in the morning. If it gets worse tonight, go back to the ER.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pneumonia [ 0 Answers ]

I had a kidney infection 6 weeks ago, 2 weeks later strep, 2 weeks later pneumonia. They gave me steroids and zithromax which I finished today. I'm still have sharp pains on the left side of my back. Last time I went to ER the PA said the meds were working and there was nothing else they could do....

I have a type 1 diabetic dog who became diabetic due to steroids and needs to gain [ 1 Answers ]

Since being a type 1 diabetic she went from 15 pounds to 13 pounds. She is a mix breed of a Silky Terrier and a Yorkie. Her ideal weight is 14 1/2 pounds and need to gain weight. She delveloped type 1 diabetes due to steroids for a skin condition and not due to obesity. We have her on W/D, which...

Bronchitis to pneumonia [ 1 Answers ]

I have bronchitis and it just started hurting in my ribs is that a sign of pneumonia

Scars from pneumonia [ 6 Answers ]

My doctor told me I have scar tissue left over from a mild case of pneumonia. Will I have these scars forever or is there anything I can do to make it go away? Will this scar tissue cause problems like making me more likely to getting pneumonia again?

Please help, I have pneumonia [ 3 Answers ]

I went to a walk in clinic and it showed I had pneumonia. I had a resting heartrate of 150, I'm 22. And a temp of 103.1. The doc gave me a 10 day antibio srip, and told me to go home and rest, and take my med. She said in 10 days when Im reevaluated, if I still have it then I have to be admitted. ...

View more questions Search