Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    richardl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 11:51 AM
    Setting up wireless bluray player
    I have a Linksys rangeplus router off which both my computers are working fine. I am trying to set up a LG bd 570 wirelsee blu-ray player which asks for Ip address, subnet mask and gateway. Where do I find this info?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 1, 2011, 08:30 PM

The addressing information will be found in the LAN or Network setup section of the router's web-based administrative interface which is accessible by entering the router's IP address in a web browser. The information should also match any of the computer's addressing which can be checked by starting a command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories) and entering ipconfig /all and pressing Enter. The IP address, subnet mask, and IP address of the default gateway (the router) will be listed.

Select an address for the Blu-ray player by incrementing the last octet of the computer's IP address so that it isn't the same as either computer's address. For example, if the computers have IP addresses 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3, make the player's IP 192.168.1.4. However, if DHCP is enabled, an address will have to be selected that is outside of the DHCP range. To find out what the DHCP range is, look in the router's interface for DHCP server settings. Linksys routers typically have a DHCP range with the last octet of the addresses starting at 100, for which an IP address with a last octet of 2 through 99 would work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Setting Times for Wireless Use [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if there is any way to set times when the wireless is broadcast. I want to have it broadcast between 08:00 and 23:59 or 8am and 11:59pm. Is this possible? I have a Netgear WGR614V9 Thanks very much for any help you can give me.

Setting up wireless home networking via a wireless aircard [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to set up a wireless home networking using a wireless aircard. I have installed the wireless air card via USB connect on my desktop PC. I have a Linksys Wireless router and I want to be able to connect two laptops wirelessly via this router. I am having problems establishing a...

Setting up digital receiver, TV and DVD recorder/player [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Sharp Aquos hooked up to a HD Digital Receiver. I get reception through input 1 (DTV), not TV. However, I recently bought a Sony DVD recorder and although I can play and record, I can only change channels while recording if I go to the TV input. However, there are only scrambled...

Secure wireless network setting [ 3 Answers ]

I am using a wirless router and sharing the internet connection between the desktop and laptop, how to set up the secure network on the wireless router to prevent the unauthorized user to logon to my wireless network to shared the internet connection... pls help.

View more questions Search