Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angel2002 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 05:48 AM
    What foods can I eat that naturally cleanse bowels
    I feel slugglish like I have toxins in my body more than usual... Ive never cleansed before, I've looked some up online line. I rather find a natural way and something that won't take as long, I've read some can take up to several months. So what can I eat to help me out??
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 06:41 AM

Unless you have diverticulitis.(where pockets form)... your bowels are self cleansing.
    Angel2002 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2010, 06:55 AM
    OK for you maybe the word detox will help u answer my ?
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2010, 07:02 AM

It's a fallicy, a marketing ploy to sell you something that does you don't need... your body normally detoxes itself. That's what your Liver does. If your liver isn't functioning no over the counter herbal remedy is going to help.
    fielmie Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Oct 8, 2010, 02:52 PM
    Drinking pine aplle juise helps to detoxs.
    Taking a bath with oil of rozemarin and salt of 'mein base' detxes the skin. (all little worms are coming out of your skin,)
    Drinking a lot of natural wather.
    Lymphe massage , also normal massage.
    Thee of netlle,thee of dandelion.
    The roots of the dandelion are very good for the liver.
    Also grapefruit helps.
    Fuchsia Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Nov 13, 2010, 09:18 PM
    You can eat fruits such as: watermelon, grapes, cantaloupe, prunes, oranges, apples, pears, plums, strawberries

Fresh vegetables such as: greens, green beans, broccoli, zucchini, salad with romaine lettuce with tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots

Also drink lots of water at least 6 to 8 glasses a day.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2010, 09:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel2002 View Post
    i feel slugglish like i have toxins in my body more than usual... Ive never cleansed before, ive looked some up online line. I rather find a natural way and something that wont take as long, ive read some can take up to several months. So what can i eat to help me out???
    Do you eat well? Plenty of fruits, vegetables, fiber, whole grains, protein, fluids, limit fats, sugars, processed foods, junk foods? Get daily exercise? Get adequate amounts of sleep? Deal with stress in a healthy way? Have you had a check-up with your doctor that included blood work to see if there are any actual health concerns?

Those are the ways you help your body do what it is designed to do. As Smoothy said, when you take care of your body as you should, it works how it is designed to... this includes "detoxing".

The sudden explosion of detox/colon cleansing programs and products in the last number of years is exactly that... a marketing gimic. Along with all of the diet pills and such, they are a billion dollar business to take money from people who want a quick fix or who feel that they need something to give them a kick start.

Most people don't take care of themselves the way that they really should, so using these products or following these programs helps them to do what they could be doing on their own.

If you want to make lasting changes, make any lifestyle changes that you know would be good for you and you won't need to worry about any extras.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a picky eater and need some foods to eat to lose weight. [ 16 Answers ]

Im an extremely picky eater. I don't eat any kind of fish and the only vegetable I will eat is carrots but not without dressing. Also I love apples but I'm allergic to bananas and oranges the only fruits ill eat. I need some serious advice on how to lose weight and get ripped. Trying to win a girl...

What are foods to eat to promote good skin health? [ 3 Answers ]

What are foods to eat to promote good skin health?

Detox and cleanse naturally [ 4 Answers ]

I am a newer vegitarian/vegan who is just trying to ditch the chemical filled box food for a raw diet but every time I try to ditch those foods I get sick! I haven't eaten meat for over a year now and that process got me on iron pills because of anemia. Just a few months ago I cut milk for soy and...

Soft foods the doctor has told my dad to eat, but what exactly can he eat! [ 1 Answers ]

My dad has had a heart attack and now is fearful of what he can eat because it was indirectly related to stomach pains he is having. The question is: What is a exact list of some good things for him to eat? I am fearful he will not eat anything, or much less, because he is fearful too! ...

What foods can I eat now that I have acid reflux [ 10 Answers ]

I just learned that I have GERD and I need to know what I can eat.

View more questions Search