Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoolson05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 09:51 PM
    13 yr old neighbor boy fingered my 3 yr old daughter
    While I was at worked the babysitter allowed a relative come over and my 5 year old son witnessed this boy putting hbis finger in her privates. I am horriffied. Can this boy be charged, I am taking my daughter to be examined to confrim the story
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2012, 10:25 PM
    I am so sorry for what your family has gone through, and likely will go through. It's a stressful and difficult thing. Please be sure to surround yourself with support for both you and your children.

In my opinion if a child reports they were molested (or that they witnessed some type of sexual abuse) you have to take it seriously. It is better to err on the side of caution. Unfortunately, not all sexual abuse can be proved. Regardless, I would report this to the police and your family doctor immediately. I would ask your family doctor to be referred to someone who specifically deals with child sexual abuse.

When my adopted daughter became verbal she disclosed sexual, physical, emotional abuse and neglect to us. We took her to a Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect program at the local Children's Hospital. We also contacted Children's Services and the Police. It was a very difficult time for us all. There was no physical evidence of the abuse, but after a lengthy investigation it was determined that she was definitely abused and neglected. Unfortunately, there was not enough evidence to justify an arrest.

I think that your daughter, and probably her 5 year old brother, needs to speak to someone who is experienced in dealing with such issues. The situation witnessed and experienced by your children will be with them for the rest of their lives. Appropriate counselling is necessary now to help teach them (and perhaps you) how to deal with what happened... not only now, but later in life. There will be triggers that may open the memories of the experience. They may need to revisit therapy again at key points in their lives. Learning how to speak about it now will enable them to better deal with it later.

Only the police will determine if the young lad who touched her will be charged. My guess is that they may charge him and agree to suspend sentence as long as he goes to counselling himself. It is very possible he was acting out because he has been sexually abused. That is why it is imperative to follow up and include the police in the process.

It is imperative that your children know that they have done nothing wrong. Some people may tell you that your daughter will forget it. We are pretty sure that my daughter's sexual abuse was from birth to age 4. She is 21 now and it still affects her life every single day. Do what you feel is right in your heart. Get every bit of help that you can.

I hope this helps.

Hugs, Didi
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 07:00 AM
    I guess I don't understand why the police have not already been called, that would have been my call within a couple minutes of hearing it
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 28, 2012, 07:05 AM
    Why did you not call the police immediately !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughter is 16, and is seeing a boy that is 17. They are sexting, Help? [ 18 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 and she is seeing a boy that is 17. They seemed to be good friends. However, recently I came across her text messages and found out they were sexting. We approached her and she said nothing has happened and she will never do it again. However, now I really don't trust her...

Neighbor has gambling 2nights week and is disrupting the neighbor hood [ 2 Answers ]

Everyone in the neighborhood is fed up with the neighbor that has gambling going on in his home 2 nights a week. It starts about 3p.m. and goes till 6 or 7 a.m. Some nights they get very loud and wake up the children in the other houses in the neighborhood. There is a 2 hr parking law on the street...

My 15 yr old daughter touched without consent by a boy [ 4 Answers ]

My 15 year old daughter's best friend was at a sleepover and a 16 year old boy at the sleepover laid down next to her and put his fingers inside her. This was a good friend of hers and she was scared to say anything and didn't tell him to stop. She did get up to move away and he came back again....

13 yr old daughter kisses 17 year old boy [ 12 Answers ]

This is my first post so forgive me if its not perfect. Several weeks ago some friends came around with their sons 15 & 17 and my husband and I have two kids ourselves 13 daughter and 14 son.. This was a dinner/ birthday party. So social environment. I found out from the friend of mine that my...

Neighbor boy harassing my daughter [ 7 Answers ]

My neighbor is 15 years old, and his mouth is atrocious. He calls my 12 year old daughter the filthiest names, which embarrass her, since he does this when she is with her girlfriends. His parents make him apologize, but then it happens again and again. This has been going on for 4 years. Since...

View more questions Search