Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PATS2WIN Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2008, 01:05 AM
    13 yr old daughter
    My 13 yr old daughter kissed a boy what should I do?
    xxariesxx Posts: 202, Reputation: 40

Nov 16, 2008, 01:14 AM
    Can you give us a little more information? Why are you concerned about this? Did she kiss an older guy, or is there more to the story?

13 I would say is an average age when a girl would get her first kiss, but I don't want to say anything else unless more is known about the situation.
    hannah_nicole Posts: 163, Reputation: 13

Nov 16, 2008, 01:30 AM
    Explain the birds and the bees. Its never too early.
    Sronyv Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2008, 10:32 AM

I am a 13 year old. I have never even had a boyfriend nor kissed someone. Many of my friends/people I know... have already experienced the first. Yet, I am waiting... It is young.. Some kids try to 'grow up' when they hit a phase. Talk to her about it... at least you know about it.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Nov 16, 2008, 10:39 AM
    It's not that uncommon really, but I agree with the above posts. Talk to her about safe sex/ none at all.
    Paul_John Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2008, 03:01 PM

I am 12 and I have kissed a boy on the cheek its not a big deal. Ask your daughter more about the man so you will see that he is not that bad. Trust your daughter that she knows what she is doing but don't refrain from talking to her about the maturity level she has to be at:)
    isabelle Posts: 309, Reputation: 31

Nov 17, 2008, 03:52 AM

The above answers seem good to me. I do think you should talk to her and find out a little more about where it happened and why and how... you know all that " I am the parent stuff.
    Maybe there is nothing to it but I do think you need to find out a lot more about this.
    mhughes Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2008, 07:40 PM

I believe you should speak with your daughter in regards to sexual diseases. Speak to her and be honest in regards what things can lead up too. However remain calm and established communication with her on a regular basis. Where she will feel comfortable talking to you about her feelings... for this boy or any boy she may encounter with. I am a parent of 15 year.. and I believe we have a great relationship and we talk on a consist basis. About her friends, relationship, worse subject and most all... about boys... lol...

Get your daughter involved in church or community activities... keep her so busy, she will not have time for that...

Good luck and I know everything will work out for you and your family.
    rockerchick_682 Posts: 496, Reputation: 72

Nov 17, 2008, 08:50 PM
    I just wanted to add that even though it's common, I don't think 13 is old enough. Kissing can lead to other things really easily. I believe that with a lot of people, the sex talk really isn't going to stop it from happening, but condoms and birth control and with the right person would have a greater impact. Or statistics of stds. Basically, talk to her before it's too late. You wouldn't believe how much peer pressure there is out there these days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

How to help my daughter? [ 5 Answers ]

My Daughter is eight years old and in a very bad situation her mother is not taking proper care of her. She sometimes forgets to feed her before school. My Daughter is talking with a social worker. Is this A good thing? I had her in in counseling but could not afford to keep it going. Her mother...

My 7yr Daughter! [ 4 Answers ]

A few months back I caught my daughter with her hands in her panties. I asked her what in the world she was doing and she told me she was checking for hair. Of course I freaked out and told her I had better not catch her doing it again. Well, today she was standing in the kitchen and she was...

Daughter isn't his... [ 7 Answers ]

There's so much confusing stuff that's popped up in our relationship... For two years my boyfriend has though that he had a daughter. He's been providing for her for years, and going out of his way to help his ex wife because of their child. He wouldn't move far, because he wants to stay close to...

View more questions Search