Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geordie_bunny Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 02:54 PM
    00 nissan primera hazard lights wiring needed
    I did a stupid thing now my hazards and steering wheel stereo controls don't work. Can anyone help by telling me what color wires go where as they are now all mixed up and I have no idea how to decipher the manual without colors. It has a brown plastic casing around the wires which got switched. I know stupid woman never touch anything just I wanted to plug in my cd changer but have a yellow and red wire and again no idea where it goes. Can someone take pity on me and help. Desperately needed before weekend as going away and don't want to have to pull radio out and manuallly hold wires for hazards if break down. Many thanks:confused:
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 15, 2008, 09:49 AM
    Sorry, but you now the proud owner of a ball of brightly colored spaghetti!

The only way to unsnarl the lines is to do each harness individually. Making very sure that color to color is correct on each harness. More than likely, you just jammed the two connection points together but not in without keeping the color wires connected to each other.

I'm a little puzzled by the choice of wire you are looking for. Your original note above suggests to me that you are using a yellow - red - white wire arrangement. This color pattern in normally associated with a DVD player not a CD player. I would expect to find the red white combination all you need for the CDs sound.

As to which circuit goes where, use the "Key" that's given in the manual as your connecting points.

If you have the ability to send a fax of the manuals pages, my fax number is (757) 491 5023. As soon as you send them to me, send me a note and I'll crawl out of bed and stagger to the office to pick the fax up.

By the way, there is nothing stupid about you. You certainly have the requisite courage leap up and take a risk. However there is always a better way. Might I suggest that the next time an opportunity occurs, take digital pictures pictures of your work on the way in so you can find a safe path back out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring diagram for nissan primera si 97 [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there, Does anyone know where I can find a car stereo wiring diagram for the above model of car? Help Please :(

Nissan Primera 1998 Stereo Wiring caused dash lights to go out [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My wife just recently bought an auto Nissan Primera 1998 model, it is a Japanese import into NZ and after attempting to fit a new stereo for her I appear to have stopped the dash lights working. Now there are no lights around the gear lever or behind the instruments when you switch the...

Wiring Diagrams Nissan Primera 2000 model [ 1 Answers ]

I am seeking a wiring diagram for a nissan premira 2000 model to be used in the installation of a viper 750 alarm system. Any assiatance will be much appreciated. Regards endeavourboy

Wiring Diagrams Nissan Primera 2000 model [ 0 Answers ]

I am seeking a wiring diagram for a nissan premira 2000 model to be used in the insatallation of a viper 750 alarm system. Any assiatance will be much appreciated. endeavourboy

View more questions Search