Oct 11, 2008, 06:27 PM
    Trucking for felons
    Are there any trucking companies that hire ex felons
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mary36548 View Post
    Are there any trucking companies that hire ex felons

Yes. If you use the search feature at the top of the page next to the AMHD name and logo you will see any number of posts on the same subject.

Not saying it will be easy and if bonding is involved it may be impossible but there are jobs driving truck out there.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 12, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Hi, mary36548!

Yes, there are many threads where this subject has come up and has been addressed here.

There are trucking firms out there that would be willing to employ a person who has been convicted of a felony, but the person applying for the positions just has to keep trying by submitting applications and getting interviews.

I have also never seen it on an application where a person couldn't also submit an additional sheet describing the conviction, the time elapsed since the conviction, the remorse felt by the person committing the crime in the first place as well as steps that have been taken by the person to correct any unlawful behavior and/or thinking by counseling or otherwise and how the person is willing and now willing and able to move on with their life to become a productive citizen again.

Attaching an additional document as such, just might get a persons' "foot in the door". So to speak.

I know of a person who was convicted of a felony and has been employed by a number of trucking firms. It wasn't easy for him to land a job and he kept trying though until he found one that would hire him.

Part of the reason that a person convicted of a felony might be having trouble getting a job may be because of the type of conviction that it was.

Would you mind sharing what the felony conviction was for, please? Knowing that might help folks here to advise you the best.

Thanks!
    Tommy0759 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2010, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, mary36548!

Yes, there are many threads where this subject has come up and has been addressed here.

There are trucking firms out there that would be willing to employ a person who has been convicted of a felony, but the person applying for the positions just has to keep trying by submitting applications and getting interviews.

I have also never seen it on an application where a person couldn't also submit an additional sheet describing the conviction, the time elapsed since the conviction, the remorse felt by the person committing the crime in the first place as well as steps that have been taken by the person to correct any unlawful behavior and/or thinking by counseling or otherwise and how the person is willing and now willing and able to move on with their life to become a productive citizen again.

Attaching an additional document as such, just might get a persons' "foot in the door". so to speak.

I know of a person who was convicted of a felony and has been employed by a number of trucking firms. It wasn't easy for him to land a job and he kept trying though until he found one that would hire him.

Part of the reason that a person convicted of a felony might be having trouble getting a job may be because of the type of conviction that it was.

Would you mind sharing what the felony conviction was for, please? Knowing that might help folks here to advise you the best.

Thanks!
    The felony that I was convicted of was a larceny. I was involved in a bad relationship that ended with her accusing me of taking things when I ended the relationship that I didn't take. When I went to court I was assigned a court appointed attorny that I had not spoken to until the day of my trial.
    When I saw what I was up against I pled no contest and was given probation.I completed the probation and I have had no other trouble since.
    madjohnsoon1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 7, 2012, 02:06 PM
    Hello, my name is rod johnson. My conviction was for p.w.i.d(possession with intent to deliver) and the conviction was in oct. of 2004. I'm hoping that you can give me some solid advice on this matter because I do want this to happen and don't want to get discouraged trying to do something that's not at all possible.

Thank you so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking Companies for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm not sure if someone has answered this question or not somewhere else, but I would like to know what truck driving companies will hire you if you have a felony. I have 2 felonies, one in 99 for possession of a controlled substance and one in 04 for robbery. I just currently graduated from truck...

Know any Trucking Companies that hire felons? [ 14 Answers ]

I keep hearing there are truck driving jibs for ex-cons but where are they?

Trucking Jobs for Felons [ 19 Answers ]

I need to know if there are any trucking companies that will hire a felon? (I have my CDL with all endorsements except HazMat. Recently graduated from an 18 week Truck Driving School)

Trucking that will hire felons [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know a trucking company that hires felons I was just cleared for my hazmat

Trucking jobs for felons [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a resent grad from trucking school with a 7 year old felony I've applied to all of the major carriers with no results and the school is no help, were can I go now

View more questions Search