Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Klj281 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2012, 08:07 PM
    Fund raisers per year
    We have a 501 c 3 organization. How many fund raisers can we have per year? We are one county with 5 districts. Can each district have their own fund raisers?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 11, 2012, 02:02 PM
    There are no regulations around how many fund-raisers a 501(c)(3) organization can have.

As a reminder about fund-raisers - depending on the nature of the fund-raiser some (or all) of the amounts you collect may not qualifty as charitable donations by the donors. Be prepared to provide donors with a breakdown of the amount that is considered a charitable gift versus payment in exchange for goods and services.
    khood66 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 05:59 PM
    What about with the state and franchise tax. Is there a limit on what we can collect for fundraisers or how many we can have?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 16, 2012, 12:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by khood66 View Post
    What about with the state and franchise tax. Is there a limit on what we can collect for fundraisers or how many we can have?
    Sales tax rules vary widely by state and can be confusing. For example sales of items by a charity at auction, or sales of food and beverage are often subject to sales tax, but sales of admissions tickets to events may not be. Contact your state's tax division to find out what the rules a for your particular fund raiser.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fund raisers+ punch out cards for prizes [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a company that I used to know about whre you have a cardboard card to punch out a hole with an amount you pay for the hole you picked. Amount not greater than prize itself. I think it was called the Marxs company.

Hedge fund K-1 [ 1 Answers ]

When received a K-1 from hedge fund, there is about $20,000 in Line 1, oridinary income(loss) and its detail schedule shows that interest income about $5,000, and $8,000 dividend income( $6000 qaualified income included here) and swap income of $7000. Among $20,000 total ordinary income, can I...

View more questions Search