Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennnifer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2010, 03:41 AM
    Is 25 too old to start dancing
    I started dancing at the age of 8 until about 16 when I stopped and went to university to do an unrelated degree. I am now nearly 26 and really want to get back into it as I have a natural talent and love for dance and realise that a boring office job is just such an unhealthy lifestyle and quite de-motivating! Every time I hear music I just want to get up and dance, I feel such a strong connection with performing arts but Im not fully trained to my full potential. Is it too late too start again? I am not a complete beginner but got a little bit out of shape between the age of 18 and 25 and need to get my fitness back up to scratch! Thanks in advance for your advice!
    jcscos Posts: 13, Reputation: 5

Sep 2, 2010, 11:37 AM

Hi there! I think it's never too late to dance, but as for making it a proffession, I would be hesitant. I was a ballet dancer in a company in chicago for years and then did it in college as well. I am now 29 and can't imagine putting my body through all of that stress. When you are younger, your joints react differently. I had 5 surgeries on my feet, I have achilles tendanitis, I had cortizone shots... I would say overall, do it for fun but don't expect any dance companies in your future :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is 22 too old to start dancing? [ 9 Answers ]

I am 22. I am tired of being afraid to use my body and be free with it. When younger, I used to second guess myself with everything and was extremely shy. I broke out of shyness towards the end of jr high school going to high school. Sometimes that shy, self conscious feeling creeps back in and I...

Dancing ! [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Friends, I'm reading more and dusting less. I'm sitting in the yard and admiring the view Without fussing about the weeds in the garden. I'm spending more time with my family and friends And less time working. Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of...

Am I too old to start dancing? [ 16 Answers ]

I would really love to dance, for fun, for school, it doesn't matter. I have never had any professional instruction when it comes to dance, but I can definitely bust a move. :cool: I learn very quickly and I am in GREAT shape from working out and playing tennis. But I would really love to make...

Dancing [ 3 Answers ]

I'm goining in to middle school and where goinig to have a dance well my ex boy-friend has a new girl friend but she is older so should I ask him or say I'm goining in a group and ask him to join us should I go with my friends or should I go by myself hhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeelllllllllpppppppp ...

Dancing with the Stars [ 30 Answers ]

Hello: I don't care whacha say, I don't like Heather Mills. She done Paul wrong. Clyde the Glide is pretty cool. Yeah, this excon likes dancing... excon

View more questions Search