Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kildare Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2011, 04:07 PM
    A Y Pottery Mark
    Please can anyone tell me what an A Y pottery mark on my recently bought pottery plate means? The capital A has a capital Y directly behind it stamped into the heavily grogged plate back. There is a certain quality to it that I feel it might have been made by a potter of some standing. :)
    thegromm Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2011, 04:35 PM
    It is often very difficult to identify pottery marks on handmade/handthrown pieces. I've found this site to be very helpful www.studiopotterarchive.com. You may want to try sending them a pic of your piece. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Help To Translate Japanese Pottery Mark and What It Is [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am looking to see if anyone can help me translate the signature/seal on a old ginger jar. http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz348/bigevil79/023-1.jpg http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz348/bigevil79/031-1.jpg

Pottery mark with two capital (F)one upside down in a red circle [ 0 Answers ]

I have a small dish with the pottery mark TWO CAPITAL white (F's) with a red background one upside down. And a outer thin red circle

Who's pottery mark is this, a heart inside a square [ 9 Answers ]

I found this small bud vase that appears to be hand made and has a gold rope bordering all decorations. There is a small heart inside of a square. I have attached photos of the vase. No name on the bottom. If anyone recognizes what company or artist did this please let me know. Judy:p

Heart Shaped Pottery with Asian Mark on Underside, Identification [ 4 Answers ]

I was hoping someone might be able to tell me something, anything about this piece of pottery. I don't know a single thing about it except that it's kind of ugly in my opinion. Can anyone identify the mark, or tell me what the red spot on the bottom means? There is also an A scratched in the...

View more questions Search