Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dennk9 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 10:08 AM
    Statue of Limitations expires during a lawsuit
    I'm being sued for a defaulted credit card by an attorney representing LVNV LLC. I live in Texas so the statue of limitations is 4 years. It will be 4 years next month since my last transaction or payment. Can I use the SOS if the court date is set for after next month? I'm also still waiting for a VOD.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 10:10 AM

You have to be SERVED within the time frame. The case doesn't have to be heard/tried within the time frame.
    dennk9 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
    Thank you. My husband is wanting to do this with out a lawyer. We are hoping that they can't provide a vod. If so, we will try to settle. The amt they want is $7,800. There is no way we can afford it. Talked to several lawyers and they want around $1,500 to represent me. Can't afford them either. So, the only options I have left is to fight it myself and hope I win, settle out of court or let them put a lien on my house. Frankly a lien doesn't sound too bad right now. Land was given to us by family with the stipulation to not sell. We still have around 30 years left on mortgage. I'll be around 65 when paid off.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2010, 10:25 AM

And if there is no defense, lawyer or no lawyer, there will be a Judgment against you.

Sometimes you have to bite the bullet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statue of limitations [ 1 Answers ]

What's the statue of limitations on a failure to appear

Statue of limitations? [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a car accident in 1995 or 96 and being a minor I was locked up in youth facility until I was 18. I am now 31 and a single mother, I need to drive to and from work but I can't get my license because Allstate has put a lean on my license and the debt I owe now is nine thousand dollars. Can...

Statue of limitations [ 3 Answers ]

What is the statue of limitations in canada on cottage dues. I wasn't Paying for particular reasons back in 2001 to end 2003 they the association have sent from a lawyer a letter I have to pay up its been 6 years.

What is the Statue of Limitations? [ 3 Answers ]

Good-day, I would like to know what the Statue of Limitations is, on filing a law suit against a former same-sex partner? She had left without notice 2 years ago, taking with her most of the Business (which was in my name) equipment, as well as household personal furnishings of mine, and had...

View more questions Search