Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raven0208 Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Aug 6, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Wiccan Rede.
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyajaldecoa
    Hi Raven. I am extremely interested in this belief system/religion whatever Wicca is termed. I've been trying to look up info about it on line and i've tried to join a discussion board where I can ask practicing Wiccans questions. It is funny that I saw your post on this website because I came on here actually with a question about a ceiling fan. I didn't know that all types of topics were on here. Very cool. Well, I read an interesting book by E. Annie Proulx (close spelling?) called Salem Falls. It is a work of fiction but it gave me some insight into the practices of Wicca. Now, as far as the spells and stuff. Well, unfortunately my husband was cheating on me with a wicca. I was, of course, dismayed and etc. - still working through that all - but I was actually rather frightened when I found out her wiccan background. First of all, she is breaking the basic code of harming others. she harmed me and my family deeply so if her spells work, she is in for some trouble. But, on my birthday this year, in june, I woke up to find a huge, dead black crow right in front of my house. My mind went immediately to her. I haven't spoken to her, although I've tried. I have always been fascinated by Wicca and want to learn more. I hope to hear back from you and see what you've discovered. I know if you type in Wiccan Rede you'll get a lot of hits. Good luck and hope to hear soon.
    Hi tanyajaldecoa, I didn't know how to respond to you other than to send another question, I didn't know if that's what you meant for me to do. Thank you for sharing what happened to you with me, and I can't believe someone would use magick like that, to harm you. I really do believe in spells now, because I know that the crow showing up couldn't have been a coincidence. But according to the Wiccan Three Fold Law, what she did to you will come back times three. The Wiccan Rede (I believe) is "An it harm none, do what ye will," which basically means, if it doesn't hurt anyone, go ahead. Because I was interested in Wicca, my friend recommended a few books to me. I haven't read them yet, so I personally can't tell you if they're good or not, but I'll tell you what they are and you can see for yourself.

They are: Bucklands Complete Book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland
    To Ride a Silver Broomstick by Silver RavenWolfe
    And Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cuningham

Sorry if I spelled some of their names wrong. I think they're pretty close though.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 7, 2008, 06:03 AM
    I neither know much about Wicca, but at least I do not make false unsupported claims about them ...

===

Originally Posted by tanyajaldecoa

... ""my husband was cheating on me with a wicca. ... First of all, she is breaking the basic code of harming others".

How's that? The one who SURELY was harming you was your husband. If the lady involved was (deliberately) harming anyone, that still has to be proved!

===

"But, on my birthday this year, in june, I woke up to find a huge, dead black crow right in front of my house. My mind went immediately to her".

That seems to me a rather unsupported conclusion. WHY would that dead bird have been posted there by her? You have no proof for that claim at all !

===

Originally Posted by Raven0208

... "and I can't believe someone would use magic like that, to harm you".

Than why you do just that?

"I really do believe in spells now, because I know that the crow showing up couldn't have been a coincidence".

How do you know that? And why could that not have been a coincidence?

"I haven't read them yet, so I personally can't tell you if they're good or not, but I'll tell you what they are and you can see for yourself."

Why recommend anything that you do not know and have not even seen yourself at all?

:rolleyes:

·
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Aug 7, 2008, 04:03 PM
    I mentioned this in a PS in your original message thread, Raven. To elaborate, I've had several powerful bird omens in my life. It is worth paying attention to them. We don't know, though, that the crow is a manifestation of some malicious magick by this other woman, but it is certainly one possibility. I recommended she consult some wise old woman in her circle for direction.

Alder
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Aug 8, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Another book to look at is "when someone you love is Wiccan" by carl mccolman.

How do you know she did a spell to attract your husband? Maybe they just met and it happened maybe there was no magic involved.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Actually since this appears to be a follow up to another thread, you should have merely added a answer so that people will know the background for what you are talking about.

A new question (thread) would be done on a new subject or new question, not a follow up.
    Raven0208 Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Aug 8, 2008, 04:26 PM
    "WHY would that dead bird have been posted there by her?"

A dead bird is a bad omen. And I don't believe in coincidences. But that's just me.

"Why recommend anything that you do not know and have not even seen yourself at all?"

I've heard that these books were very helpful by a few sources.
    MidnightGeisha Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 12:43 AM
    ;)Bravo!, Alder finally someone can explain an answer or suggestion. Keep your thoughts, and wisdom comming.:D
    Quote Originally Posted by Alder View Post
    I mentioned this in a PS in your original message thread, Raven. To elaborate, I've had several powerful bird omens in my life. It is worth paying attention to them. We don't know, though, that the crow is a manifestation of some malicious magick by this other woman, but it is certainly one possibility. I recommended she consult some wise old woman in her circle for direction.

Alder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do Wiccan spells work? [ 42 Answers ]

I have become very interested in Wicca over the past year. I know all about it, but I, myself, am not a witch. I just would like to hear from any people out there that do practice Wicca. Do spells actually work? I don't mean to be skeptical, it's just that I have never tried one myself, and don't...

Why would a wiccan dream of aliens and cats? [ 2 Answers ]

Blessed be how are you doing today? I'm steve and I had the strangest dream that I've ever come across and I'm hoping that someone out there can help me figure out what it means. I'm a Wiccan from Mississippi and it's a pleasure to meet you all. I dreamed that the world had been taken over by...

Wiccan/ Occult [ 34 Answers ]

A friend and I were having a disagreement and we're both now trying to find answers as to proof that Wiccan practices are real and work, like spells, voodoo, black magic, etc. I believe it's mind over matter - someone tells you that you're under a spell - wouldn't you - in the back of your mind be...

What would you do if a family member or close friend was to tell you they were Wiccan [ 14 Answers ]

I am thinking about coming out of the "broom closet" as they say. But I'm not sure how my friends and family will take it. My husbands family is very very catholic. And my mother is a jahovas witness. I know that they would both think that I am worshiping the devil when in fact wiccans don't even...

View more questions Search