Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raider44 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Above ground tree roots.
    I have a 10 yr old parkway tree which measures around 20" circumference. I have multiple horizontal tree roots that run simi-exposed along the grass surface and are killing the grass in these areas. The roots extend 10 to 20 ft and average 6 to 8" in diameter.
    Can I remove some/all without damaging the tree?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Yes, so long as you don't do too many at once. You'll probably have to take a hatchet to sever the roots if they are that thick. Just don't do all at once and your tree will be okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Again tree roots. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a huge maple tree on the border of my property. And have two concerns. Roots of this tree extend to my neighbor driveway. He plants to cut them out completely and put a new driveway (which starts 1ft fromtrunk). I am afraid that this will make tree weak and since it leans toward my house...

Tree roots [ 2 Answers ]

At least twice a year we have a backup in basement. The backup is everything for us flushing,running water, washing clothes. We have a someone come out every time and snake out the pipes. They all ways getting the trees roots when they did that. Any ideas how we can keep the trees roots clear...

How to get rid of tree roots after you cut the tree [ 1 Answers ]

We cut down some mesquite trees a few months ago. We would like to know how we could get the stumps to rot away. They are cut ground level. Do you have any suggestions.

Tree roots [ 2 Answers ]

I have just had a tree cut down but left a 15 ft. stump and small growths are appearing in my lawn. A person at my local Home Depot said I need tree root killer to stop these growths. Is this true or where can I purchase this root killer?

Taking out tree roots [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I tried to do a search on this first but didn't come up with anything specific to answer my question. We are in a home we are renting but we are allowed to do some outdoor work so we took out some hedge-like bushes in the front of our house by tearing them out with our truck. We tied the...

View more questions Search