Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    briiibriii Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2011, 08:52 PM
    Acting career right for me?
    Okay so I want to be an actress. This isn't one of those stupid dream things everyone has. I have no experience in acting, but I love to act around family and friends. And honestly, I think I'm pretty good at it. I want to take an acting class, but I'm scared people would laugh at me since I have no experience. Im 15 years old-help please.
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jul 18, 2011, 09:07 PM
    You should go for it! It sounds like you've got a natural talent for it, and you obviously have the desire. Acting classes get new people all the time, so they'll be used to inexperienced people. Sure, you may find other people your age who've already had years of experience, but you'll also find lots of people your age and older with no experience at all. There'll probably be plenty of "newbies" in your class, but even if there aren't, you'll only be the "new girl" for a short time. Break a leg!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 18, 2011, 09:26 PM
    You can't be an actress if you are scared of what people think. The whole idea of acting is convincing your audience of a persona and emotion. When you act, YOU are setting the tone, the mood, and THEY are swept up in what you are.
    So - stop being scared.
    If the instructor is tough, all the better for preparing you for your career, where no one will coddle you, and you might get yelled at, all part of the job.
    briiibriii Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jul 18, 2011, 09:33 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    If that doesn't work for me, I am also really interested in being a model. I have braces right now, so I think I'll wait until I get them off. How should I tell my parents I'm interested in modeling?
    jcaron2 Posts: 986, Reputation: 204

Jul 18, 2011, 09:40 PM

For what it's worth, an acting career can last your entire life. A modeling career, on the other hand, very, very, very rarely lasts beyond your mid 20's. That may seem like a long way away now, but in the grand scheme of things it's nothing.

Nevertheless, you should chase your dreams while you can. If you have your heart set on modeling, don't let anybody stop you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to afford an acting career.. [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to become an actress. Well, I've already been in a movie and I did some print work. I also used to act in a musical etc. but my parents (especially my mom) think that an acting career is nonsense. They want me to study economics or so. My sister studied in Princeton and they want me...

How to get an acting career started [ 7 Answers ]

:)hey guys I'm 19 and I am a girl who wants to know of how to get an acting career started the right way... :):):)

Singing or Acting career wanted [ 4 Answers ]

I REALLY want to get into singing or acting... Preferably singing... My friends and I think I have a GREAT voice... I just want to get it out there... How do I get a singing career with no experience? (Besides singing at home... )

Acting Career [ 3 Answers ]

I need an answer in how can I be an actress with no experience and I don´t have time for classes.

View more questions Search