Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 06:22 AM
    Evita has another oldzheimer's moment
    Last year during the campaign . Evita Clintoon recalled coming under sniper fire on the tarmac of Tuzla, Bosnia ;and that she and er Daughter Chelsea had to run for cover. Of course that never happened as video proof revealed . http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3617816.ece

Previously she had made lesser gaffs like claiming she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary ,conqueror of Mount Everest ,even though she was born before his epoch climb.

Well she did it again in Northern Ireland .
    according to the Sunday Life newspaper, during a speech she made to the Stormont parliament she said that Belfast’s landmark Europa Hotel was devastated by an explosion when she first stayed there in 1995.
    The Europa, where most journalists covering the decades-long conflict stayed, was famed as Europe’s most bombed hotel, earning the moniker “the Hardboard Hotel”.
    However, the last Provisional IRA bomb to damage the Europa was detonated in 1993, two years before President Clinton and his wife checked in for the night.
    The last time the Europa underwent renovations because of bomb blast damage was in January 1994, 22 months before the presidential entourage booked 110 rooms at the hotel.
    Mrs Clinton told assembled politicians at Stormont: “When Bill and I first came to Belfast we stayed at the Europa Hotel ... even though then there were sections boarded up because of damage from bombs.”
    Hillary Clinton suffers ‘mis-speaking’ relapse with Belfast bomb claims - Times Online

It appears that she has a propensity to embellish her personal narrative to a point where she becomes convinced her accounts are true. Can someone explain the psychology behind this pattern. Regardless of my own opinion of her ;it seems to me that at this point she has real personal accomplishments to bolster her bio that does not need to expose herself to the ridicule that comes when these exaggerations are exposed. Is this a compulsion ?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 07:19 AM

I think it must be part of the effort of Dems to show their hawkishness, like supporting the 'good' war in Afghanistan and Biden being shot at in Iraq. The media won't make anything of it anyway so why not?
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:21 AM

I think boring people (maybe wrong choice of words) have to embellish their lives to make people either want to be them or relate to them. She is in Belfast so hey let me relate to them by saying I sort of kind of but not really know what you are going through. It's pretty sad.

HOW ABOUT THEM PHILLIES!!
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:25 AM
    I think it is jealousy about what hubby achieved .

Looking forward to an I-95 series.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:26 AM

How about them Phillies? God job, and I see you got a win, too while I lost to my niece. Now back to Evita...
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:31 AM

I think you are right Tom. But at the same time I think Hillary is jealous of anyone that has done something she hasn't.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:45 AM

I see you got a win, too while I lost to my niece.
    Giants D made my week iffy. 1st time I had negative points.
    Now back to Evita...
    The media won't make anything of it anyway so why not?
    There appears to be a question as to her species .
    Balloon Boy Dad Richard Heene Asks if Hillary Clinton is a "Shape-Shifting" Reptilian on YouTube - Crimesider - CBS News

This is what passes as legitimate news from the legacy media
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    This is what passes as legitimate news from the legacy media
    Along with fact checking Saturday Night Live and examining the psychology behind Rush Limbaugh listeners.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:01 AM

You know I have no idea what the Balloon Boy is. I see the stories and I refuse to read or watch anything about it because it has to be nonsense to get this much coverage. People ask me what do you think about the balloon boy and I tell them I think nothing about it and I don't care.
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:06 AM

As I stated on the posting about the story ;there is a certain Twilight Zone consistency to the story

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/curren...-406569-2.html

Suffice it to say that a car chase becomes rivetting news coverage in this country .
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:22 AM

Don't get me wrong I love a good car chase but not on the news. Save that stuff for YouTube or break.com

News should not be ratings driven. When Walter Cronkite died I was watching some news show and they said something to the affect of They just don't do news like the way Walter did anymore. Ah @$$hole you are the news so do something about it. And then the next story of course was about something inside your house that is killing you and you don't even know it (RUUUUUUUUUN).

I clicked your link and read your post and you are right Tom. America LOVES "Reality TV" I don't get it at all. I love when people try and ask my wife about Reality Shows and she has no idea what they are talking about. First they say she is lying then when she finally proves she has no idea what they are talking about, they say what do you watch? My wife response I read a lot of books and watch sports. The absolute HORROR that comes over peoples face like she is some deprived person is priceless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evita wants to be the Imperial Prime Minister [ 2 Answers ]

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/23/us/politics/23diplo.html?_r=1 Does this not “willfully suspend disbelief” ? I guarantee that one of them "special envoys " will be Bill Clintoon himself.

Is Evita eligible for SecState [ 7 Answers ]

An interesting constitutional question is baing raised over the probable appointment of Hillary as Sec State . Article One, Section Six of the U.S. Constitution says: No Senator or Representative shall, during the Time for which he was elected, be appointed to any civil Office under the...

Evita flip flops [ 14 Answers ]

A couple of days after saying she doesn't want her name nominated at the DNC Evita has left the option open during a Q&A session at a PUMA rally in California . Clinton Leaves Convention Nomination Open - The Caucus - Politics - New York Times Blog Meanwhile hubby still has a sore spot...

Does Bill Clinton want Evita to lose ? [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes it appears so Bill Clinton's tirade stunned some delegates

Evita supporters threaten Pelosi. [ 34 Answers ]

Clinton backers warn Pelosi on superdelegate rift | Politics | Reuters The group represents some of the top fundraisers and donors of the Democrat party and have contributed heavily to Democratic causes. Here is the full text : But I can shorten the letter for their benefit :

View more questions Search