Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve58 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 10:02 PM
    Garnishment of SSD by Sallie Mae
    I started receiving SSD February 2011. Sallie Mae started taking out 15%. In December they did not take any out. Do you know why? Is there a limit on the number of consecutive months they can garnish before taking a break, and if so, how long is the break?
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2012, 09:49 AM
    No, there isn't a limit to how many months they can garnish you. Sallie Mae doesn't even need a judgment to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can sallie mae garnish back pay lump sum from SSDI for defaulted student loan? [ 3 Answers ]

I have just found out that my ssdi was approved. I haven't even received my award letter yet. I have a defaulted student loan and I'm aware they can garnish my monthly check (once I start receiving it.) I'm going to apply to have my student loan discharged for total and permanent disability but it...

Sallie Mae Summons [ 7 Answers ]

Being under employed and unable to make full payments to Sallie Mae monthly, I have been religiously making monthly payments of 150.00 in good faith for a few years now. Sallie Mae has ignored requests to show where these payments are being applied (as well as their third party debt collectors),...

Can I file a motion to vacate final judgement from Sallie Mae? [ 17 Answers ]

Can I file a motion to vacate final judgement from Sallie Mae. I was not served because the summons was delivered to an address that does not belong to me. I am aware because it's on my credit report. Thanks in advance.

Garnishment SSD backpay for student loans [ 15 Answers ]

I have been approved for SSD or SSI and will be receiving backpay. I will have a payee can my backpay be garnished for student loans? Is there anything I can do ? I will be homeless if this happens. Will they take all of it or can they only take a portion?

IRS garnishment on my SSD [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I just recently started receiving SSd monthly payments after waiting almost 4 yrs being disabled. The check I got for this month, November, I got no warning about, the IRS garnished some of it for back taxes on it. Now by them doing this, after I pay my rent, I have 54 bucks left to pay for...

View more questions Search