Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tlb7169 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 03:29 PM
    My 4 year old has a loose tooth!
    Should we be too concerned? Does this happen a lot?

This weekend my husband and I discovered that our 4 1/2 year old son has a loose tooth.

Now, he has had no trauma to the tooth. This is one of the bottom two teeth. (First in, First out) He also got the tooth at 6 months of age. So everything seems just fine.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:30 PM

Children loose their baby teeth at different rates. The lower front are the first to fall out. The adult tooth should come in shortly. I'm sure your dentist will check that everythings OK at your son's next dental visit.

Feb 10, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by flossie View Post
    Children loose their baby teeth at different rates. The lower front are the first to fall out. The adult tooth should come in shortly. I'm sure your dentist will check that everythings OK at your son's next dental visit.
    Thanks! I know all of this stuff. He is my fourth son. This is just the earliest any of my boys ever got a loose tooth. Thanks for the reassurance.
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Feb 13, 2009, 01:39 PM
    My four and a half year old grand-nephew lost a bottom tooth a couple of months ago! I think some kids just start earlier.

Feb 13, 2009, 04:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    My four and a half year old grand-nephew lost a bottom tooth a couple of months ago! I think some kids just start earlier.
    Thanks so much. I KNOW this can be perfectly normal in some children... I guess we are just surprised since none of our other children have ever had a tooth get loose this early. We just want to make sure we aren't "missing" something that could be serious.:o Thanks for helping to set my mind more at ease. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loose Tooth [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All, I currently have what I think is an abscess on my gum, the tooth is now loose... I thought that it would just go away, but it did not... The pain is only bad if I chewed on that side, but now that the tooth is loose I AM DOING NO CHEWING ON THAT SIDE... I am without health insurance,...

Crown on loose tooth [ 2 Answers ]

My denist replied that I did not need a crown on my tooth because it was loose and needs to be distracted, but another dentist stated that I needed a crown on that tooth. What you think?

3rd Front Tooth in 6 year old [ 1 Answers ]

My son had his right centre front baby tooth removed due to an accident and the new (second) front tooth grew in its place. However the new tooth that grew still looks like a baby tooth and is crooked. There now appears to be a third tooth growing in the same place. Is this possible? Will this...

7 year old's baby tooth is loose but turning black [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old has a loose front tooth that is turning black. Is this normal? Thanks.

My 10 year ols son front tooth has not come in yet? [ 3 Answers ]

Our 10 year old had his baby tooth pulled at age 8 1/2 because there was another tooth behind it. The permanent tooth was above the second tooth. However it has not appeared yet. We have had x rays done twice since the extraction, and they say the tooth is moving down, but we still see no sign...

View more questions Search