Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyler berg Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Will I pass an EtG test after 18 & 1/2 hours?
    Hi, I'm extremely worried and hope you respond soon. Im a 5'5 120lb male. I drank 4 bud lights starting at lunch from 1 to about 2:30pm... I have an EtG test level of 500. As soon as I found out I had the test I immediately picked up a weed eater for about an hour and a half(sweating a lot after 3 bottles of water). Turned on the heater in the van for about 40mins sweated on the way to the shop.then I drank 3 more waters with dinner contantly urinating... still drinking water... do you think I will pass my test after acouple more waters tomorrow morning when I go to test a 9:30 am? Im very small and fit, with a very fast metabolism...
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 08:47 PM
    With that amount of time you are likely to fail... I'll also guess that if you don't fail for the EtG part of it, you will fail for dilution by all the water you are drinking to try and save yourself.

Aug 14, 2013, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    With that amount of time you are likely to fail....I'll also guess that if you don't fail for the etg part of it, you will fail for dilution by all the water you are drinking to try and save yourself.
    Ok... well I sure hope not... do you know the weight, height EtG calculation? And I'm going to back off on my excessive water intake before the test... im eatting a second dinner, also do you know how much EtG will be produced in 4 beers along with the half life ratio?

Aug 14, 2013, 08:53 PM
    Dr.bill please help!
    Entomology Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 08:56 PM
    Dr Bill isn't here anymore and what can you really be helped with? What's done is done... there is no help at this point, all you can do is hope for the best because there is no magical solution.

Aug 14, 2013, 08:59 PM
    Dr Bill isn't here anymore and what can you really be helped with? What's done is done....there is no help at this point, all you can do is hope for the best because there is no magical solution.
    I want to be helped by knowing the calculations of the height, weight, sex of my and how the half lives are broken down... I guess you don't know =-( what I'm asking for...

Aug 14, 2013, 09:03 PM
    Dr Bill isn't here anymore and what can you really be helped with? What's done is done....there is no help at this point, all you can do is hope for the best because there is no magical solution.
    Do u know how much etG 4 beers would produce ?
    Entomology Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 09:06 PM
    Ok, so I don't know the scientific values and formulas and such. What I do know is that EtG doesn't generally dissipate in a mere 18 hours.

If you need formulas and such to make yourself feel better then go for it... I'm just telling you how it's probably going to go for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 08:09 AM
    The sweating would have been great without the water intake.

Right now, there is a larger chance of failure, because of diluted sample,

Within that time, they test should still show positive.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 04:08 PM
    At 18 hours it's highly unlikely you'll pass. Even at the bottom of the scale most experts give a limit of 60 hours, 80 hours is the norm. You're not even close to either.

Due to the increased water intake you'll likely fail for dilution. A fail is a fail.

Either way, I don't see you passing this. If you do, consider yourself lucky, you got a miracle.

Good luck.

Aug 16, 2013, 04:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    At 18 hours it's highly unlikely you'll pass. Even at the bottom of the scale most experts give a limit of 60 hours, 80 hours is the norm. You're not even close to either.

Due to the increased water intake you'll likely fail for dilution. A fail is a fail.

Either way, I don't see you passing this. If you do, consider yourself lucky, you got a miracle.

Good luck.
    it was definitely a miracle... I posted but I guess it got removed because I told the one guy his advice sucked because he had me so freaked out lol

Aug 16, 2013, 04:18 PM
    Ok, so I don't know the scientific values and formulas and such. What I do know is that etg doesn't generally dissipate in a mere 18 hours.

If you need formulas and such to make yourself feel better then go for it....I'm just telling you how it's probably going to go for you.
    I passed... great advice... NOT ;-)... Knowing the calculations would have made me feel absolutely wonderful putting in my weight, height, age, sex, water intake( EtG is water soluble along with food) and metabolism(because EtG is a metabolite)... something dr bill would have probably have known I'm very shocked I pass... and very thankfull of my body... muuuwahh I love you... lol
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 04:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler berg View Post
    i passed...great advice...NOT ;-).... Knowing the calculations would have made me feel absolutely wonderful putting in my weight, height, age, sex, water intake( etg is water soluable along with food) and metabolism(because etg is a metabolite)...something dr bill would have probably have known im very shocked i pass...and very thankfull of my body...muuuwahh i love you...lol
    We don't know the calculations. If you do, if there is some miraculous calculation where you enter your info and get an absolute answer, then why didn't you use this instead of asking on this site? Why not share this mathematical answer to ETG tests?

We know what we've read, everything I've read on ETG testing states that 80 hours is the cutoff, some think it's closer to 5 days. We had an ETG expert on the site, and he left due to health issue (or so I was told). From what he posted before he left, even he couldn't have given you a definitive answer. I do agree that he would have been able to give you a better guess, but it would still have been a guess. Based on what you posted, I'd bet that his guess would have been the same as ours.

Frankly, I'm shocked you passed too. It's very unexpected. Based on the research I've done, and the fact that you were trying to dilute by drinking excess water, you shouldn't have passed. It is a miracle, and no one could have predicted this outcome.

Count yourself lucky, and hope that you're this lucky the next time, if there is a next time.

Good luck, and congrats.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 07:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler berg View Post
    i passed...great advice...NOT ;-).... Knowing the calculations would have made me feel absolutely wonderful putting in my weight, height, age, sex, water intake( etg is water soluable along with food) and metabolism(because etg is a metabolite)...something dr bill would have probably have known im very shocked i pass...and very thankfull of my body...muuuwahh i love you...lol
    So sorry my advice was incorrect... And I doubt Dr Bill would have told you that you were clear as 18 hours is usually not enough time. You got lucky, nothing more, nothing less.

But... if you keep playing these games, your luck will run out.

See you next time you're in a panic and needing to ask this same question.

Aug 18, 2013, 05:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    We don't know the calculations. If you do, if there is some miraculous calculation where you enter your info and get an absolute answer, then why didn't you use this instead of asking on this site? Why not share this mathematical answer to ETG tests?

We know what we've read, everything I've read on ETG testing states that 80 hours is the cutoff, some think it's closer to 5 days. We had an ETG expert on the site, and he left due to health issue (or so I was told). From what he posted before he left, even he couldn't have given you a definitive answer. I do agree that he would have been able to give you a better guess, but it would still have been a guess. Based on what you posted, I'd bet that his guess would have been the same as ours.

Frankly, I'm shocked you passed too. It's very unexpected. Based on the research I've done, and the fact that you were trying to dilute by drinking excess water, you shouldn't have passed. It is a miracle, and no one could have predicted this outcome.

Count yourself lucky, and hope that you're this lucky the next time, if there is a next time.

Good luck, and congrats.
    ty the quote I wrote that u re quoted was for odinn but ty yes a miracle indeed have a blessed night

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ETG test after 18 hours ? Is it possible to pass? [ 4 Answers ]

I drank 6 Mike's hard lemonad's today between 11 and 12:15 pm and just found out I have to take an ETG test before 9 am tomorrow morning. My last drink was at 12:15 pm today will I pass if I drink lots of water until tomorrow? I am a 5' 7 1/2", 172 lb female runner.

Dr bill I drank 10 drinks in 8 and half hours. Will I pass EtG test 86 hours later [ 18 Answers ]

I had 10 redbull and vodkas and I'm 35 in good shape. It was about 1:30 on my last drink and test was 86 hours later. Do u think I will pass?

Will I pass an ETG test after 93 hours? [ 2 Answers ]

I drank 6 light beers on Friday from 7:30-9. When I got home at midnight I drank an entire gallon of water. My ETG test is on Tuesday at 6 pm. I'm a 6 foot 210 lb male. I have since lifted weights for three days and ran three miles for two of them. I have also consumed about 3 gallons of water, and...

Will I pass my EtG test in 76 hours? [ 0 Answers ]

I drank 2 pints of bud light and a small shot of red death onfriday night. To be safe I stopped drinking at 2am sat morning. I had consumed the drinks in less than and hour. I weight 270 pounds. I drink a fair amount of water but didn't go crazy. I took my test at10:30 on tues. do I have a chance...

Will I pass an EtG test after 60 hours? [ 4 Answers ]

Is the 80 hour detection of alcohol through an EtG test just the worst case senerio? If I, a 24 year old male, 130 lbs. drank 6 beers, would I be able to pass an EtG test?

View more questions Search