Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RichieOTR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2013, 08:04 PM
    Why would you run several smaller capacitors in parallel versus one large one?
    Why would you run several smaller capacitors in parallel versus one large one? Is there a benefit? Faster discharge?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 03:49 AM
    You wouldn't. It's not legal to parallel conductors smaller than 1/0.

I have no idea what "faster discharge" means. Sorry.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Apr 26, 2013, 01:20 PM
    OH.. capacitors!
    HAHAHA... wow, did I misread that one or what. That's what I get for replying first thing in the AM.

Thanks HK for the heads up.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2013, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    OH..capacitors!
    HAHAHA....wow, did I misread that one or what. That's what I get for replying first thing in the AM.

Thanks HK for the heads up.

Had me thinking?? Too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concern about married filing separately versus jointly versus filing as Single [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I came to the US currently on the F1 student visa but currently working on the F1-OPT status. In 2011 I got married and my wife is still in India - which has created a confusion regarding filing taxes. As per 1040EZ instructions (pg 6) I know I can file 'Married filing Jointly' but since my...

Make a Large Hard Drive Look Smaller [ 11 Answers ]

I have an old Dell Dimension 8100. Every several months the HDD boot sector gets corrupted. Been having trouble figuring out why. Tried many different things so far. The PC, which was pre XP, was rated at a maximum of an 80GB IDE HDD. By loading XP SP3, I am able to run a 250GB HDD. I was...

Long discharge drain line versus smaller diamter piple into full 2 [ 1 Answers ]

Apologies in advance for asking another variation of the same question on this forum... Installing a HE washer and want to position the washer in opposite corner of current washer. Current drain is, say 36 inches and 2 inch. It goes into the wall nicely, through the floor and tees within say 5...

View more questions Search