Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krsnbby Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 01:39 PM
    Can I sue a bailbonds company?
    I went to a bail bond company yesterday and they told me my brothers bail would be posted by midnight for me and my family to appear in court at 9 am today for my brother to see a judge for his conditions I went to court and couldn't find my brothers name on the screen in the lobby to find out which courtroom to go to... I asked information and was told he could be on a paper copy posted outside the court room. When they finally posted the paper at 8:45 my brother wasn't on it so I called the bailbonds company they told me he wasn't on the docket for the day she would check her files she ended up finding my brothers paperwork on the desk with a sticky note that said post she appologized and said the night shift didn't post his bail so now my brother has to spend an extra day and night in jail because of their mistake
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2013, 01:57 PM
    You really can't win a lawsuit for Human error unless you can prove something like malicious intent, emotional or financial loss, etc.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jul 16, 2013, 02:16 PM
    And what are the damages, really? Granted, no one likes to spend an extra day in jail, but, unless he was injured while in jail, I don't see any.

Jul 16, 2013, 04:50 PM
    Thank you I was just wondering because I signed for a specific day and time the fact that he was evaluated and diagnosed with schizophrenia in jail I just wanted him out of there to get him help...

Jul 16, 2013, 04:57 PM
    Does anyone know the law of charging people with mental illnesses with a felony my brother is being released from jail tomorrow and I want to know what to expect in court? We didn't know at the time but due to my brothers schizophenia voices told him to punch a guy at our apartments and that's he went to jail it's a felony!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue this company? [ 12 Answers ]

I want to know if I can sue this company for more than what they have taken from me. I paid online for a games in game currency $10. The in game currency never came it was a glitch or something so I sent their customer service an email. They told me to send them a screenshot of the receipt I did...

How to sue a company in ontario [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I was infringed upon at canadas wounderland and the cops said its not an asult but it was it was a sexual asult my email is >email address removed< I'm just looking for a good canadian lawyer that can help me make my suit and get me some money or a condo and the lawyer can have the rest of...

How to sue a title company [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to sue a title company if they tell you your title is a clear Title and it turn out that it is not a clear title after you purchase title insurance from this company.

Can I sue my title company? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I just bought our house about 3 months. Ago. So we have paid 2 payments. The other day we revieved a letter from our mortgage co. saying that we need to pay 2,200 up front plus they are rasing our mortgage payment by 150.00 a month which goes in effect in less then 2 weeks from the...

Sue Company For Affair [ 27 Answers ]

Can a company be sued for the cause of a marital affair? My brothers wife had an affair with a manger at a car dealership whom she met at the car dealership whom the salesman kept pursuing her, calling her from the phone number listed on the application from when she purshased a car. I know that...

View more questions Search