Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gw121677 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 10:32 AM
    My daughter was charged with receiving stolen property.
    My daughter was charged with receiving stolen property. She said her friend stole clothes from a store in the mall unknown to her. She was going to give the girl a ride home. The police stopped her in the mall parking lot, took her to the police station. She has a summons to appear in court. She is 18 years old.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2013, 12:59 PM
    She will probably have to take some classes, pay a Fine/restitution. They may drop it to a lesser charge Such as accessory. They tend to go with a few charges or a bigger charge then reduce it to one or two lesser charges
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 16, 2013, 01:00 PM
    What do you want to know?
    You put this under Emotional Wellbeing.
    She goes to court and pleads that she didn't know (which is not a defense, but it's all she's got). Was the friend arrested too? If she can afford a lawyer, she should get one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who al gets charged when car is reported stolen? [ 1 Answers ]

The parents of my SIL have leased a car, she is 22 and has taken it out of state with my 20 yr old brother. Her parents don't approve and have threatened to report the car stolen. Would their daughter also get arrested if the car was found to have both in it? She is insured as a driver.

Receiving stolen property [ 3 Answers ]

I was pulle dover and they found a presription pad in my car. They said it was a 3rd degree theft and charged me with receiving stolen property. What is the penalty

Truck stolen, Felon not charged on technicality [ 4 Answers ]

My husband purchased a truck three weeks ago. His truck was stolen from his place of employment, a large home improvement chain on a bright sunny day. The person responsible for doing so was caught 4 days later in the truck while committing a crime. When we purchased the truck, we did so from a...

View more questions Search