Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlohe1973 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2010, 07:13 AM
    Florida judgement question
    I am a single mother head of household. I receive no child support or any financial help. My issue is that I have a judgement for $9,000 from an old credit card dating back to 2001. This started as $1,000 in 2001 and now has risen to $9,000. I have spoken to the attorney in charge of this judgement trying to resolve this, but they won't accept anything less than $1,000 down and $50 a month. I am unable to afford this but they won't work with me and lower the payments. I really want to take care of this and get it paid off, but financially I'm unable to pay this much, is there anything I could do to take care of this by getting down payment and monthly payments lowered. I have no mortgage, I do not own a house, the only asset I have is my 2005 saturn which I'm still making payments on. Please help me
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2010, 08:47 AM

You are at the mercy of the creditor - and, of course, interest will continue to climb. There is nothing you can do to freeze the amount or force the creditor to lower the payments.

The creditor is being somewhat foolish if you have no means to pay the amount demanded and there are no other means of collecting from you.

I don't know what State you are in. That is important because the creditor could freeze your bank account and garnish your wages in some States.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement in Florida [ 4 Answers ]

Can an attorney garnish rent on a property in Florida that has a mortgage? Thanks

Judgement in Florida [ 4 Answers ]

I have a judgement from Florida and now I live in ny state. Can they still garnish my wages?

Judgement in Florida [ 2 Answers ]

My brother has a judgement against him (excess balance on a car he totaled). He thinks if I co-sign a bank account; the bank account cannot be touched by the creditor. Is this true?

A Florida judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I have just been notified that I have a new judgement from Ft. myers, Florida. I live in NYC. Can they touch my bank accounts here in NYC?:)

View more questions Search