Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    runcindyrun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 08:51 AM
    16 yr.old pregnant
    I think my daughter is pregnant, she refuses to take pregnancy test or go to doctor. She says I cannot force her to. What can I do? She is 16
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 20, 2008, 08:52 AM
    I think you may be ablt too. I'm not sure of the law since I do not know where you are. Sooner or later you will know the truth. Best wishes
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 20, 2008, 08:57 AM
    She is 16, depending on where you live you can take her to the doctor, but, unfortunately, the doctor is forbidden to give you the results.
    jensallen Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jul 20, 2008, 11:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by runcindyrun
    i think my daughter is pregnant, she refuses to take pregnancy test or go to doctor. She says i cannot force her to. what can i do? she is 16
    If you are the legal gardian of this child then you have full rights to take her in to the doctor and get her checked up. There is no argument on this subject. You are responsible for her and you could get into legal trouble for not doing anything about it. It would probably be considered neglect if you do not pursue your perental duties to take care of your young.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 21, 2008, 05:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jensallen
    If you are the legal gardian of this child then you have full rights to take her in to the doctor and get her checked up.
    However, if the teen is pregnant, the doctor has an obligation to keep the medical records private. It's called doctor/patient privilege, and he/she does not have an obligation to tell mother or father of the results of the pregnancy test unless the teen gives consent to release that information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

I've been pregnant twice and miscarried both times. Could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal... Last November I knew something was off... it was early Jan when I realized I was three weeks late... I went to a clinic and found out I was pregnant. About a week and a half later I miscarried. In April I started my period and it was not normal... and then it seemed to keep...

Pregnant agen or still pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Please help! Had a misscariage 4 weeks ago and now have a positive pregnancy test result, my belly feels bloated and breasts feel tender all the pregnant symptoms but if I was less than four weeks would I be getting these feelings or is it possible I didn't have a misscaraig and am still...

Am I pregnant? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay besides pregnancy has anyone ever had bright fresh watery type blood right after sex? I don't want to think the worse, maybe its just rough sex?

Can I Get Pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Me and My husband is trying to get pregnant but I had a queston this has been bugging me for a while.. . I am scared that I can't get pregnant.. . I have had chlamydia 2 times well after the first time the dr told me that my test was inconclusive and they just said I had it and gave me the...

View more questions Search