Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Balloons33 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Jun 15, 2007, 02:42 PM
    American Sign Language
    Hello..

I am a fairly fluent signer and I love when I have the chance to sign with people. Unfortunately I moved away from my home town where I left behind all my friends who could sign and my deaf friends. I still sign to myself sometimes and catch myself signing along to songs... but I really need to have a person to sign with to keep me up to parr with my signing skills..

I don't know how to find a deaf friend around me, or how to ask someone to be a signing buddy.. I am a little shy.

Is there any way that you can think of that will keep me signing confidently? I know that practice makes perfect, but sometimes it just doesn't cut it signing to myself.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 15, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Call the local public library and talk with a reference librarian. He/she will give you the names and phone numbers of organizations in your area that will link you to ASLers.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 23, 2007, 03:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Balloons33
    Hello..

i am a fairly fluent signer and i love when i have the chance to sign with people. unfortunately i moved away from my home town where i left behind all my friends who could sign and my deaf friends. i still sign to myself sometimes and catch myself signing along to songs... but i really need to have a person to sign with to keep me up to parr with my signing skills..

i don't know how to find a deaf friend around me, or how to ask someone to be a signing buddy.. i am a little shy.

is there any way that you can think of that will keep me signing confidently? i know that practice makes perfect, but sometimes it just doesn't cut it signing to myself.
    Deaf Chat | People Deaf Culture - AllDeaf.com
    Learning Sign Language
    American Sign Language - Messageboard

Hope the above links are helpful,maybe you can find and connect with someone living nearby...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

Language [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Language Experts, I Want To Learn A Foreign Lanhuage.I Have Two Options French And German.can U Tell Me Which 1 Of Those Can Give Me Better Career Opportunities?

First language literacy and second language litera [ 1 Answers ]

What are the differences between first language literacy and second language literacy?

View more questions Search