Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LeDiskoLove99 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 05:13 AM
    Is Walgreens easier to work at than Toys R Us
    I got a job recently at Toys R Us and it was horrible, I was doing stock, and truck, you know all the back room stuff but there was so much of it and you were expected to get done unbelievably quick, and it takes me a while to get stuff, perhaps more than others and I get overwhelmed easily, I have ADD and currently I am without meds (but hoping to change that) and it was just a nightmare. But I got a call from Walgreens and I'm considering taking the job. I'm sure you have to work hard and quickly there too but I'm thinking since it's smaller, there's less people, and less giant items that it won't be quite as horrible as Toys R Us.

This is my first real job and it's just scared me. I'm literally afraid to work again, I'm socially anxious and it's just hard when you have 40 other employees surrounding you and no one really helping you to figure things out.

Should I try for Walgreens or would it just be as bad as Toys R Us? And how patient are the people who usually train? Usually I learn better when people are patient. I know each store is different, but I'm just trying to get the general idea.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 18, 2013, 05:30 AM
    All back room and warehouse jobs are about the same, You have to be fast, lift a lot and learn quickly what to do
    S
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2013, 06:01 AM
    Not all work atmospheres are the same though. I'm sure you can learn the job but need to work where they will properly and patiently train you. Walgreens is a great company and I think you should give it your best try.

To get your anxiety under control, just focus on what you are learning in a given day. When you are training and start to get overwhelmed, let your trainer know, "if it works for you, I would like to work on what you've shown me do far, and when that's done move on to the next thing...I won't remember all if it unless I practice doing it". Also take notes, and when you go home, re-organize them in a more useful format. Get help from a friend or relative... maybe put each task in an index card with all the steps and use the cards as cheat sheets until you remember without them.

See what you can do about meds. Maybe family could help you get a prescription until you are on your feet.
    LeDiskoLove99 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2013, 06:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Not all work atmospheres are the same though. I'm sure you can learn the job but need to work where they will properly and patiently train you. Walgreens is a great company and I think you should give it your best try.

To get your anxiety under control, just focus on what you are learning in a given day. When you are training and start to get overwhelmed, let your trainer know, "if it works for you, I would like to work on what you've shown me do far, and when that's done move on to the next thing...I won't remember all if it unless I practice doing it". Also take notes, and when you go home, re-organize them in a more useful format. Get help from a friend or relative... maybe put each task in an index card with all the steps and use the cards as cheat sheets until you remember without them.

See what you can do about meds. Maybe family could help you get a prescription until you are on your feet.
    Thank you. This made me feel a little better. I'm just always so worried the the people who are training me are going to get angry at me taking a little more time to learn, I have to ask a lot of questions and I don't think my last manager was too fond of that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa violation by walgreens [ 4 Answers ]

A walgreens pharmacist gave out my medical information to a non family member and has called me from their coorperate office offering me a settlement of $1000 if I don't sue. I work in the medical field and know the seriousness of the violation. I feel violated put off and insulted. How much should...

Suppose bozo's toys buys $145.300 worth of connectABlock toys on credit terms of 2/10 [ 0 Answers ]

Suppose bozo's toys buys $145.300 worth of connectABlock toys on credit terms of 2/10,n30. Some of the goods are damaged in shipment, so bozo's toys returns $14.480 of the merchandise to ConnectABlock.

My printer won't except a refill cartridge from Walgreens [ 1 Answers ]

I had a hp ink cartridge refilled at Walgreens, and I cannot get my printer to accept it. Can you advise me on what to do? Many thanks.

Is dye in bird toys safe? How to clean bird toys? [ 8 Answers ]

I am usually the one that helps other people with their cockatiel or bird questions but this time I am the one that needs help. I have cockatiel birds and I have many bird toys that I buy from Walmart and PetsMart and the other day when cleaning my bird cage I decided to wash the toys with water...

View more questions Search