Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CORPORATE BULLY Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Royal Bank of Canada - Contract?
    Visit my website CorporateBully.ca - $100,000 - MISTAKE (FISHERMEN'S LOAN) Your opinion on this contract. Was this contract missing certain information concerning monthly payment date and amount of monthy payment.:mad:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Hello Bully:

I didn't see your contract. All I saw was what YOU said about your contract. I think you cut off your nose to spite your face. Bummer, Dude!

But, NO. I don want to JOIN your organization unless you make me president and pay me big bucks.

excon
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2007, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    But, NO. I don wanna JOIN your organization unless you make me president and pay me big bucks.
    Oh please excon, I am sure you would settle for a vice presidents role with big bucks :)

Bully,
    If you want people to support you, you need to prove your case.

Post your contract, because Royal Bank might very well be justified if they are following the contract.

You say they aren't, OK, but if we can't see it, how can we say for sure?

Jan 31, 2007, 01:01 PM
    My contract is located on my website CorporateBully.ca - $100,000 - MISTAKE (FISHERMEN'S LOAN) click on documents.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2007, 01:30 PM
    Ok, I took a look. The contract states the installment payments are "subject to demand, frequency and Date(s) of payment".

I would tend to agree with you that this contract called only for Annual payments. However, it appears that the contract is incomplete. I would be surprised that such a contract was all on one page. So I think something is missing.

BUT, I don't understand how you let it go so far. I don't think the laws are that different in Canada where the bank can just seize your property. They have to go through a foreclosure hearing. You (and your attorney) should have been at that hearing pleading your case. If the court sided with RBC Then you should have made arrangements to pay what they wanted to stave off foreclosure. If you had to, get a loan from another lender with terms more favorable to you and pay off RBC.

For you to let it go so far that they seized and sold your boat, then seized and sold your home seems to me cutting off your nose to spite your face. Its one thing to stand on principle, its another to drown in it.

So, my opinion is that either you brought this on yourself by fighting a losing battle or there are things you aren't telling us (I suspect the latter).

Jan 31, 2007, 02:05 PM
    The Website Link Shows The Complete Contract. The Royal Bank Did Not Seize My House. I Let Them Forclose On My House Because I Had Know Way To Pay The Mortgage Or Up-keep, Without A Boat To Make A Living.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Foreclose/Seize, same difference. You should never have let it go so foar that they foreclosed on the boat.

And I'm sorry, but I've seen loan documents before. I've never seen one so simplistic unless it was drawn up between to individuals. I can't believe a bank would have such a simple contract.

Jan 31, 2007, 02:34 PM
    I Had Know Alternative, The Royal Bank Wanted Full Repayment In A Demand Letter. Yes, This Contract Not Only Left Out Repayment Terms, But Was Also Simplistic In Its Lack Of Details. Thanks For Your Help, Paul Fraser. Sydney - Nova Scotia, Canada.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with my contract [ 3 Answers ]

I have recently listed my property with a real estate agency. Already calls have gone unanswered or returned and we seem to be doing all the work! How do I get out of my six month contract?

Celebrity and royal wedding [ 1 Answers ]

Celebrity and royal weddings are always broadcasted nationwide.Do they affect the quantity demanded and quantity supplied of human interest magazines like Times, Forbes?

Onieda Royal Furnace won't start [ 4 Answers ]

We have a Onieda Royal OIL furnace we purchased in 1996 that will not start for a few days ya push the reset button after waking up to a cold house and it would come on .But this morning that won't even work .We cleaned the power venter pipe and changed the nozzle .What else can we do to get this...

Contract [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my spouse are separated and he has the vehicle but it is in my name we are still making payments. Is it a way to have the contract put in his name?

View more questions Search