media44 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 11:16 AM
    How to change the pto oil seal on a 18.5 hp briggs and stratton engine
    How to change a pto oil seal on a 18.5 hp briggs & stratton
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 23, 2010, 02:05 PM

Hi,
    Faced with this problem, I would dismount the engine from the frame and invert it(turn it upside-down) and take a screwdriver to pry out the old seal. Putting the new one in is a bit more challenging since you you must make sure the youdo not cut the lips on the keyway. It is supposed to be installed slightly below flush, but flush will do.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OIL change 11Hp Briggs and Stratton Engine [ 3 Answers ]

I have drained my oil and I don't know what type of oil I should fill it up with or how much it has no meter on it. Engine is 11h/ 3600 rpm Model:252707 Type 0620 01 Code 86080511 It says saej607 on cover is that it?

16 hp briggs and stratton vanguard engine that is burning lots of oil, why? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a grasshopper lawn mower with a 16 hp briggs and stratton vanguard engine. It recently started using lots of oil and making the blue cloud of death. It runs fine, but takes a quart of oil for every 2 gallons of gas. The motor only has about 500 hrs on it. I don't think it ever got hot,...

What causes oil to leak on bottom sides of a 18.5 hp briggs and stratton engine [ 1 Answers ]

Just change bent rod adjust valves now engine speeds up on idle and oil is noticed on bottom sides of engine

Toro briggs and stratton 17hp engine oil consumption [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Toro that I just purchased used that consumes 1 quart of oil every 3 hours of use. I removed the air cleaner and engine oil is dumping out for the engine breather. Do these engines have piston ring issues? I just paid 600 bucks for the mower and new engines are about 850 bucks online. Is...

12.5hp Briggs & Stratton Engine leaking oil [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ~16 year old Murray tractor with 12.5 hp B&S engine. When I tried to start it this season, it started rough, smoked badly and died. Found oil leaking near muffler and on the floor. Pulled the spark plug and it also had oil on it. Battery still cranking starter, but engine won't start. ...

View more questions Search