Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StaceyRN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2012, 06:41 PM
    Can my employer take me off the schedule?
    I have a seizure/syncope disorder and my employer took me off the schedule even though my doctors have cleared me to go back to work. Is this legal? I have to use my own sick time to cover my days off too to compensate my time. My coworkers told me its against the ADA Act to take off. True?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2012, 06:51 PM
    Maybe or maybe not. Cleared to work and a danger at work is too different things.

What type of job is this, what are the job duties.

Is your attacks controlled, if not, what happens at work if you have one ?

ADA only requires to make accomidations if possible. If it does not affect the main parts of your job duties.
    StaceyRN Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2012, 07:39 AM
    I am a nurse. My attacks were controlled for a year then it started again. Probably due to stress of the job, fatigue, and no breaks. When I get one, I usually go into respiratory distress. I stop breathing. Each attack is different, it varries on the time I actually stop breathing. When I wake up Ivam usually tired, but the next day I am OK. I've had this multi-million dollar workup done already and no one knows what is wrong. So when it happens, only thing they cando is clear me to go back. I am truly capable of doing my job well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Maybe or maybe not. cleared to work and a danger at work is too different things.

What type of job is this, what are the job duties.

Is your attacks controlled, if not, what happens at work if you have one ?

ADA only requires to make accomidations if possible. if it does not affect the main parts of your job duties.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In Alabama is my employer required to post a work schedule? [ 4 Answers ]

In Alabama are companies required to post a work schedule?I work for a private owned company,recently they have not been posting a schedule but instead calling us on a day to day basis to let some of us know when we work.

Can an employer in ca. Schedule employee for only 4 hrs a week? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer in ca. schedule employee for only 4 hrs a week?

Why would my schedule E rental income be reported on schedule C by Turbo tax [ 3 Answers ]

Last year when I reported rental income from my condo Turbo Tax listed it on schedule E. This year it is putting it on Schedule C.? Isn't Schedule C for businesses?

View more questions Search