Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seekeralt Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
    Can landlord enter property
    Does the same rule apply if your lease isn't up for nearly a year? Can I stop the Realtor for violating my privacy such as looking through my closets and cupboards where I keep personal items.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 23, 2013, 05:33 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion I've moved your post to its own thread.

Your lease should specify the conditions under which the landlord or their representative can enter the property. If the property is for sale, it would not be unreasonable for a realtor to make a through survey, which may include looking in cabinets.

Jun 23, 2013, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion I've moved your post to its own thread.

Your lease should specify the conditions under which the landlord or their representative can enter the property. If the property is for sale, it would not be unreasonable for a realtor to make a through survey, which may include looking in cabinets.
    Not to be rude but would you please not answer future questions from me. Thanks in advance. I'd like this to be a great experience for me without going all negative vibe.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 23, 2013, 07:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekeralt View Post
    Not to be rude but would you please not answer future questions from me. Thanks in advance. I'd like this to be a great experience for me without going all negative vibe.
    You cannot dictate who will or will not answer your questions. If you don't want someone to answer a question, don't post the question.

Jun 23, 2013, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    You cannot dictate who will or will not answer your questions. If you don't want someone to answer a question, don't post the question.
    Even if the person gives you the creeps. I won't be asking any questions in future. Have a happy life.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 23, 2013, 08:06 AM
    A 'great experience' would be advice on how to leave someone when you can't seem to break away, or advice on a cheap way to get to Hawaii.

You asked for legal advice, and you got it. I don't see any negative vibes in ScottGem's response anyway.
    When it comes to a broker/agent opening things, parts of the house (closets) and 'affixed' parts of the house (cabinets) may be opened. Your boxes, containers, and personal furniture may not be opened.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 23, 2013, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekeralt View Post
    Excuse me? What negative vibe did my response give you? It is the policy of this site to not have different people asking questions in the same thread. It is routine for mods (of which I am one) to move piggybacked questions to their own thread. I could have just removed your question as reviving an old thread (something else that is against site policy). My action was to help you get answers and let you know about site policy. So how you got a negative vibe from that is beyond me.

As others have posted, it is not up to you to say who shouldn't respond to your post. If you think a post violates our rules, fell free to report it and the mods will take appropriate action. If you just don't like it, ignore it. But to tell me you don't want me to respond to your posts, especially after I tried to help you, was, in fact rude. And, in fact, was the only negative vibe in this thread,

If you choose not to post again, then don't. It will be your loss, not ours. But since I can see no possible justification for your remarks, I suspect there is another agenda going on here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my landlord just enter my house whenever he wants [ 4 Answers ]

My land lord entered my home today for "insurance purposes" without my permission while I was not home he told me he would be there at 11 as I work until 10 but when I arrived home I found he had entered at 10 while I was not home Is that legal? Also he says I have to clean my home within 72 hours...

If a landlord continues to enter your apartment without notice ? What can I do [ 3 Answers ]

If a landlord continues to enter your apartment without notice and no repairs need to be done, what can I do. Las vegas nv

Rights of landlord to enter my apartment [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord has given a one week written notice to every tenant in this apartment complex that they are inspecting every apartment over Aug. 4th and 5th. They state very vagily that the reason is to do a general inspection of the property. I don't believe they entered my apartment today as I was...

Does a landlord need notice to enter apartment in Missouri [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter lives in a college town in Missouri and rents an apartment with 3 other girls, their landlord or maintenance man has entered their apartment more than once without notice. One girl was even in the shower when he entered. A newsletter they received stated that this man can enter whenever...

Landlord threatening to enter my apt. And take one of my two dogs [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've been a landlord and am very familiar with landlord/tenant issues and Texas statutes. I've also been reading up on case law and the numerous terms and conditions in the TAA lease which are likely unenforceable in court. Here is my situation. I completed application, was approved,...

View more questions Search